Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to watch Game of Thrones in Ireland

• 14-02-2019 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭

Someone mentioned on another thread that it was worth getting HBO Go just for the final season.

However, its not available in Ireland.

How CAN people watch Game of Thrones in Ireland - legally of course.

Sky Atlantic?

What about people with no tv subscription - is there a streaming service that provides it in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Ya sky Atlantic will be the broadcaster in Ireland. If you don't have a TV subscription I suppose you could subscribe to NOW TV for the length it runs on sky Atlantic then cancel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

ianob7 wrote: »
    Ya sky Atlantic will be the broadcaster in Ireland. If you don't have a TV subscription I suppose you could subscribe to NOW TV for the length it runs on sky Atlantic then cancel

Will Now TV have season 8 as it airs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

....... wrote: »

You can watch sky Atlantic on nowtv live and also they should have it to view anytime after it airs.

I see Now TV doesnt have an app for most smart TVs and you have to separately buy a Now TV smart stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That's how I'll be watching it in the UK

• Advertisement

I see Now TV doesnt have an app for most smart TVs and you have to separately buy a Now TV smart stick.

Xbox, Playstation?

What brand TV do you have.

theteal wrote: »
    Xbox, Playstation?

Dont have either.

My Smart TV has a web browser so perhaps thats an option, alternatively I could plug a laptop in on a HDMI cable or use screen sharing from a tablet.

What brand TV do you have.

Samsung - Now TV only have a beta version of the app for Samsung Smart TVs.

How much is a NowTV stick or box in IReland?
    I got an email from them last week to claim a free stick which is now used to smartify the little telly in the guest bedroom.
    They're very hand to have tbh, the odd occasion we'll plump for a month of Movies or around Xmas I usually get a week/month of Sports for all the soccer. It could be a decent little investment.

• Advertisement

How much is a NowTV stick or box in IReland?
    I got an email from them last week to claim a free stick which is now used to smartify the little telly in the guest bedroom.
    They're very hand to have tbh, the odd occasion we'll plump for a month of Movies or around Xmas I usually get a week/month of Sports for all the soccer. It could be a decent little investment.

Looks like its 25 quid according to the website.

But they have an offer for the stick plus 2 months subscription for 40 euro which would cover season 8 if you just registered the stick before it.

Could be a runner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

ianob7 wrote: »

Can you watch the previous seasons of Game of Thrones on NOW TV also.. or just the upcoming season 8?

Looks like its 25 quid according to the website.

But they have an offer for the stick plus 2 months subscription for 40 euro which would cover season 8 if you just registered the stick before it.

Could be a runner!

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree. There are always some decent box sets available and I'm sure there must be a new season of the likes of Billions on the way too so you could very well get a lot more than just GoT from your purchase.

Can you watch the previous seasons of Game of Thrones on NOW TV also.. or just the upcoming season 8?

Apparently they'll all be available sometime in March - don't ask me where I read that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

The stick is €40 in Argos (incl. 2 month pass)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8109082/Trail/searchtext%3ENOW+TV.htm

Should be available for the same in Tesco.

Keep an eye on it as both stores occasionally sell at half price.

You can use check argos to mail you a price drop:

http://www.checkargos.com/product/8109082

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Instead of a now TV stick, get a Chromecast and the now TV app onto your smartphone. Chromecast works with most streaming services like now, Netflix and youtube.

flazio wrote: »
    Instead of a now TV stick, get a Chromecast and the now TV app onto your smartphone. Chromecast works with most streaming services like now, Netflix and youtube.

I can cast to the tv using screen sharing directly from phone or tablet but I find the quality suffers a bit, and occasionally the dialogue and picture are slightly out of sync. Ive no interest in having another gadget that i wont use either (feel the same way about the nowtv stick). My tv already has the apps for youtube and netflix etc..

Having looked into it a bit more Im tending to think Ill just plug the laptop in with a HDMI cable, get 14 days free trial of nowtv through their website then pay for a month of nowtv for 15 euro.

That will cover the whole season, I dont end up with another useless gadget, I have the existing set up and its the cheapest option.

I can cast to the tv using screen sharing directly from phone or tablet but I find the quality suffers a bit, and occasionally the dialogue and picture are slightly out of sync. Ive no interest in having another gadget that i wont use either (feel the same way about the nowtv stick). My tv already has the apps for youtube and netflix etc..

Having looked into it a bit more Im tending to think Ill just plug the laptop in with a HDMI cable, get 14 days free trial of nowtv through their website then pay for a month of nowtv for 15 euro.

That will cover the whole season, I dont end up with another useless gadget, I have the existing set up and its the cheapest option.

Also when I tried to cancel my nowtv, they offered me another month for 7.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Power city had deals awhile back on the now tv stick with 2 month free entertainment pass for 20euros long enough to cover the whole of season 8 very good deal it has all the latest HBO stuff on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Apparently they'll all be available sometime in March - don't ask me where I read that though

They’re all available now, I’m rewatching it currently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This was posted on BA, which might be of benefit to some.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057960837

"€29.99 for a NOW TV 4 Month Entertainment Pass inc. The Ultimate Game of Thrones Box Set Binge"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

The NOW TV Stick with 2 months Entertainment Pass is half price in Argos (19.99)

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8109082/Trail/searchtext%3ENOW+TV.htm

Don't have to redeem voucher immediately, can hold off til mid April and catch all 6 episodes that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

What time will it become available to stream on nowtv?

I know you can watch it when it shows on sky Atlantic, but I'd rather stream the adless version the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sparta81

The nowtv entertainment pass is currently only 20 euro for the next 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I can cast to the tv using screen sharing directly from phone or tablet but I find the quality suffers a bit, and occasionally the dialogue and picture are slightly out of sync.

Chromcasting isn't the same as screen sharing directly from a device. The quality is much higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

lertsnim wrote: »
    Chromcasting isn't the same as screen sharing directly from a device. The quality is much higher.

This. It’s as reliable as you get really without having the channel. NOW were slow to start over here but I find the service great tbh and that casted is how I’ll be watching tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

What time will it become available to stream on nowtv?

I know you can watch it when it shows on sky Atlantic, but I'd rather stream the adless version the next day.

It’s available to stream from 3:30am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

I thought this was showing at 2am.

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20190415/4101-1/208

Sky guide shows it as 3am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

pah wrote: »
    I thought this was showing at 2am.

https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20190415/4101-1/208

Sky guide shows it as 3am

Thats Sky Atlantic +1 you're looking at

• Advertisement