Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus App

Options
  • 09-02-2019 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭

I've just upgraded to Android Pie v9. But the Dublin Bus app didn't transfer across from my old phone, nor does it appear in the app store of the new phone... Is it really unsupported in new versions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Seems it's not been updated for 9 yet noticed it two weeks ago ,was expecting it to compatible but something has gone amiss somewhere ,
    Have to use dB mobile site to get bus times for now

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've just upgraded to Android Pie v9. But the Dublin Bus app didn't transfer across from my old phone, nor does it appear in the app store of the new phone... Is it really unsupported in new versions?

Personally, haven't used that app in years. Always thought it was rubbish (it may have been updated since then).

Switched to next bus Ireland a few years ago, works well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextbus.dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Dublin Bus Pal seems to work well and looks infinitely better than the Dublin Bus app ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

There's a new TFI Real Time Ireland app that's replaced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can be sideloaded but could stop working at any time.

https://apkpure.com/dublin-bus/com.dublinbus.wearei3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks all. I have installed TFL but Bus Pal seems to work best for me... It lets me save the stop outside the office and lets me know when to leave... It's great to have such a good selection... Also, I'm excited to have access to pay my leap card over NFC... I had an awkward moment this week when I realised I had got on a bus without credit.

They need to allow NFC payments by phone, like London... It's a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Also, I'm excited to have access to pay my leap card over NFC... I had an awkward moment this week when I realised I had got on a bus without credit.

That's not new - the Leap app uses NFC to scan your Leap card and then you can top-up your card this way. So how have you been topping up all these years coz I've only ever used my phone?

Or did you mean just paying with your phone, London style?

Also, I'm excited to have access to pay my leap card over NFC... I had an awkward moment this week when I realised I had got on a bus without credit.

That's not new - the Leap app uses NFC to scan your Leap card and then you can top-up your card this way. So how have you been topping up all these years coz I've only ever used my phone?

Or did you mean just paying with your phone, London style?
    No, I mean I've always been aware of the function, but my M10 didn't support leap card (or vice versa), so now I'm excited to be able to use the NFC option to top up my card.

No, I mean I've always been aware of the function, but my M10 didn't support leap card (or vice versa), so now I'm excited to be able to use the NFC option to top up my card.

HTC 10 was extremely temperamental with the leap card app. The card needed to be put in an exact position on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tmcderm

I have been in touch with Dublin Bus about the Android version of the app which recently stopped working on my phone. They say there is a technical problem and the IT department can't say when it will be fixed or when the app will be back in the Play Store!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Nice ppl bad coverage

When it came out at first, you had to validate any top ups using a shop or a LUAS machine, completely negating the whole feckin point of it. I avoided the app for ages because of this.

When it came out at first, you had to validate any top ups using a shop or a LUAS machine, completely negating the whole feckin point of it. I avoided the app for ages because of this.

Is that true...? Madness

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96261603

Similar to this, as far as I can remember.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=96261603

Similar to this, as far as I can remember.

It hasn't been that way for a long time. Now you just tap your card again and it's updated.

I don't think iPhone will ever have the functionality working, due to limitations with NFC on iOS.

Yeah, I'm aware it's changed now thank god. Its an absolute lifesaver, tbh. I once topped up on the bus between stops after I thought I had money left on the card and even the driver didn't know it could be done that easily and quickly.

Advertisement