Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Leap Card Top-Up

Options
  • 16-07-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am relatively new to Leap Cards & still trying to get my head around top-ups

A few weeks ago, I topped my leap card online. I received an email acknowledging this.

A few days later, I went to catch a Dart & scanned my card at the turnstile gate, only to see my old balance still showing on the screen.

So my question: when I top-up online, is it sufficient to just scan the card at the gate for the top-up to take effect, or do I have to place it into the ticket machine?

Rgds,

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You have to select where you are going to collect it too. This should be stated in the confirmation e-mail you received.

The options are

Irish rail (Gates / Poles / Ticket Machines)
    or
    Luas (Poles / Ticket Machines)
    or
    Payzone (Set up for Leap with a card reader)

Advertisement