Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Haven't seen any zombies but the spiders are scary. I also wish there was a multiplayer, it would be class when your shadows. Shotguns are where it's at, can't wait to get an Eva-8 with a double-tap. It's a handy way to rack up the kills as well.
    I don't think kills count on your stats do they?

Think I've hit my skill limit, mid silver 3. Cant even get a kill. Going up down up down on the RP and not nudging past mid level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Homelander

New Lifeline and Bloodhound physical packs are out now. Pretty OK deals if you're a skins person - legendary skin, legendary weapon skin, 1000 coins, banner and badge for 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I don't think kills count on your stats do they?

Think I've hit my skill limit, mid silver 3. Cant even get a kill. Going up down up down on the RP and not nudging past mid level.

I'm around the same. The quality seems to be very high (for me)
    Managed gold 1 the last time. Cant buy a kill now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I actually don't mind getting killed in Shadowlands, coming back to get revenge on the legend who killed you is great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Got my first Legends victory. Downed in the evac zone, shadow missed his punch by an inch, next thing I'm suddenly I'm in the evac ship safe and sound. Went from roaring nooooooooooo to doing a little happy dance in half a second :D

• Advertisement

Charge rifle was nerfed but its still way too powerful imo. Other snipers can't compete with a rail gun. I love it but it should probably be removed altogether.

I agree it's way OP in current context. It should be a care package weapon, or else if you're gonna leave it that common, nerf it. The longbow has been made redundant completely this season which annoys me as it's my favorite gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

For me Apex is ruined by the horrendous FPS drops in the new map. I am running is on the Xbox One X. Never had an issue with FPS until the new map was released along with some of the recent patches. Seems to be worse in the evenings aswell. The FPS lag is really bad and it is experienced by my squad, so its not just me. Really takes away from the fluid movement the game is famous for.

Homelander wrote: »
    I agree it's way OP in current context. It should be a care package weapon, or else if you're gonna leave it that common, nerf it. The longbow has been made redundant completely this season which annoys me as it's my favorite gun.

How much damage does a longbow body shot do? 45? Charge rifle currently does 60 at its longest range, and you don't have to account for bullet drop or bullet speed. Its easy mode.

How much damage does a longbow body shot do? 45? Charge rifle currently does 60 at its longest range, and you don't have to account for bullet drop or bullet speed. Its easy mode.
    Is it not easy to dodge though? Damage from it seems to be accumulative, so as soon as it hits you you get out of there and can avoid the brunt of it.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    For me Apex is ruined by the horrendous FPS drops in the new map. I am running is on the Xbox One X. Never had an issue with FPS until the new map was released along with some of the recent patches. Seems to be worse in the evenings aswell. The FPS lag is really bad and it is experienced by my squad, so its not just me. Really takes away from the fluid movement the game is famous for.

Also Xbox One X. I occasionally get some lag but it's clearly related to other players as majority of the time its buttery smooth. Happens sometimes when I'm spectating them or during the drop but very rare occurrence.

Is it not easy to dodge though? Damage from it seems to be accumulative, so as soon as it hits you you get out of there and can avoid the brunt of it.

I found it easy enough to keep tracking enemies while they're moving. Maybe its tougher on console?

I found it easy enough to keep tracking enemies while they're moving. Maybe its tougher on console?

Yeah you're right you can move it around as its beaming.

I think you just stumbled across a decent solution for the gun; once you fire, you can't move it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I don't find it a problem on console at all tbh. definitely due to the fact that the mouse and keyboard level of accuracy is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Anybody else getting the bug with the battle pass. Last night I should have went up 2 levels in one game and the post game showed this but then It only goes up once.

Happened to me twice.

Amount of people complaining online that the Charge Rifle is now completely ruined (apparently) due to 'crybabies', 'noobs', 'people with no skill' and all the rest of it.

Like sorry, but the weapon was in horrific need of nerfing. People seem angry that they can no longer 3rd party squads from half a kilometre away. Even nerfed, it is STILL way better than the Longbow for example and extremely viable after two nerfs.

I think they should've made it a care package weapon with gold attachments and taken it from normal play. Like no-one ever bothers picking up the L-Star anymore, and the Kraber also gets ignored most of the time because of the Charge Rifle. Says a lot.

I am someone who uses the Charge Rifle often enough but surely any half reasonable person could plainly seen it was terribly unbalanced in-game as a standard common weapon.

Just played a game where my team mates teamed up with an enemy, anyone seen this before? They do this crouching up and down dance, seems to be some sort of signal that they use. Obviously a you tube thing the kids are into.

Just played a game where my team mates teamed up with an enemy, anyone seen this before? They do this crouching up and down dance, seems to be some sort of signal that they use. Obviously a you tube thing the kids are into.

I've seen it the one time I accidentally didn't go into a ranked match. My teammate would revive me and the enemy would shoot me down again. I just abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Took a break from this to try and clear some of my single player backlog, had a half hour free over the weekend, played a game (which we won, funnily enough) and now I'm sucked back in, grinding challenges in the battlepass and having a good time. I note that the skill gap has definitely widened in the few weeks I'd been away, I'm lucky to break even on kills now when I was averaging 2-4 previously, but maybe I'll try and blame that on my teammates..... yes, that sounds like a good plan :D

• Advertisement

Really feeling the grind now. I'm 200xp from Gold, going to try grund it out until then and then get back to life. It's a slog though, I'm not getting many kills. Haven't touched it in a few days the urge is completely gone. Will be pissed not to get the Gold badge though after so much effort put in this season.

Gooooold :-) Aw man what a buzz I love this game. Did it in style, racking up a ton of kills and winning the match.

I'm happy with that now, I'll get the gold badge at the end of the season as a mark of honour. Time to ease off and maybe tackle the backlog.

No doubt my hiatus wont last long...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The HOLO-DAY- BASH mode is amazing.

I adore apex legends gunplay as im a big titanfall fan but BR has never kept me interested longterm.
    This however is just fantastic, what are the chances of this or a similar mode being kept indefinitely?
    It is the only reason i will keep the game installed, am i hoping against hope?

Dcully wrote: »

I adore apex legends gunplay as im a big titanfall fan but BR has never kept me interested longterm.
    This however is just fantastic, what are the chances of this or a similar mode being kept indefinitely?

I've only played one game of it and I didn't know what was going on. I was very confused when my teammates started changing legends. I.do love the Christmas music though.

Dcully wrote: »

Modes come and go, doubt they'll kept it after xmas.

the winter express mode is amazing, such good fun. It's actually the first thing that's really put me in a christmas mood. always a shame when these seasonal or limited events end, the halloween one was great as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Finally got around to playing this again since the last big update. I hate the new map.

Maybe it grows on you but I think it's just terrible design. Looks and plays worse in nearly every way.

At least give us the option of playing the old map.

Homelander wrote: »
    the winter express mode is amazing, such good fun. It's actually the first thing that's really put me in a christmas mood. always a shame when these seasonal or limited events end, the halloween one was great as well.

I like the idea of it but of the four to I've played, twice I was on a squad of two and once my squadmates disconnected half way through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I havent played much since the new map dropped, not because i think its bad, just none of my mates playing it at the mo..

But eh, from what i am seeing, they are trying to be like fortnite a bit too much, adding in dance floors and lame **** like that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

BloodBath wrote: »
    Finally got around to playing this again since the last big update. I hate the new map.

Maybe it grows on you but I think it's just terrible design. Looks and plays worse in nearly every way.

At least give us the option of playing the old map.

I hated it too, seems to be set up for snipers but I changed my style and started using the G7 a lot (especially with double tap) and loving it. I think the big problem is certain gun combos just don't work on this map - I used to love the R99 and wingman combo but its pointless now in the new map.

Also having two maps splits the player base - I cant see them ever doing this.

Advertisement