Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loop while setting up Gmail account new on an S8.

Options
  • 04-02-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Just received a new S8 and am encountering a loop when setting up a Gmail account on it.
    I go through the standard setup process, enter the Gmail username and password, and when it then goes to "Getting account info" it pops back to the "account added" screen.
    When I the hit the "Next" button I get the "Getting account info" again and it pops back to the previous screen.
    Wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to resolve this?
    Thanks.

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Go through the setup process again but this time skip adding a gmail account. You don't need to add your gmail account during the setup process.

Once the phone has fully booted you can try to add your gmail account again via Settings>Add Accounts or something similar. Even if you can't and get the same problem at least you can use the fone.

Advertisement