Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JessC1987

Not exactly sure but looking back on emails etc I submitted final docs to DCC on 14th May and I think by start of June my solicitor had the loan pack.
    Not sure what the 3 weeks thing is?

Great, thanks for your reply! I was told there was a 3 week cooling off period when final approval comes in but i think my solicitor should be receiving pack soon so I'll wait it out, what's another few weeks after all this time! Congrats again and best of luck with your new home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Did anyone apply for a council loan to buy a house? my daughter and her partner have been refused twice although they have 25.000 in savings[both working] the council are saying they need to see them saving more each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I don’t have any experience with council loans, but they might want to see frequent savings each month that would cover a mortgage if they got one. Are they saving each month, or is it most months?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

decky1, I have moved your post to the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan thread. To the best of my knowledge, this has largely (entirely) replaced council loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Laurazal

decky1 wrote: »
    Did anyone apply for a council loan to buy a house? my daughter and her partner have been refused twice although they have 25.000 in savings[both working] the council are saying they need to see them saving more each month?
    How much rent are they paying? It is clearly stated on their bank accounts? Rent plus regular monthly savings show your repayment capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Laurazal wrote: »
    How much rent are they paying? It is clearly stated on their bank accounts? Rent plus regular monthly savings show your repayment capacity.

they have stated their rent and are saving more than enough to cover the loan repayments.they were told that they needed 12'000 in savings to apply for the loan.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Laurazal

decky1 wrote: »
    they have stated their rent and are saving more than enough to cover the loan repayments.they were told that they needed 12'000 in savings to apply for the loan.:confused:
    Oh that must be frustrating.

From my experience: when we were applying for the loan, we had our rent clearly mart as RENT on our bank statements and monthly savings called SAVINGS that went to our savings account. And savings account statements for 12 months that showed regular deposits to the account. This may help if your daughter will try again. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Hi,

Can I ask you for the advice?

We do apply for the mortgage at the beginning of September. The problem is... we do pay rent by cash.

The city council sent me something like this:

TENANTS IN PRIVATE RENTED ACCOMMODATION MUST HAVE A CLEAR RENT ACCOUNT FOR 6 MONTHS PRIOR TO APPLYING, AND BE ABLE TO SHOW A RENT BOOK OR PROOF OF PAYMENT

We have rent book. Is this enough ?

As we pay cash, how can we prove now? I am thinking maybe from tomorrow we should do the bank transfer?

Please help :(

get a rent book and backdate it

get a rent book and backdate it

Sorry, what does it mean backdate?

Like ask the landlord to fill out for the last one year for example ?

Would this be enough ?

• Advertisement

elizunia87 wrote: »
    TENANTS IN PRIVATE RENTED ACCOMMODATION MUST HAVE A CLEAR RENT ACCOUNT FOR 6 MONTHS PRIOR TO APPLYING, AND BE ABLE TO SHOW A RENT BOOK OR PROOF OF PAYMENT

We have rent book. Is this enough ?

If you already have a rent book from your landlord and it shows all of your payments, that should be enough.

Graham wrote: »
    If you already have a rent book from your landlord and it shows all of your payments, that should be enough.

That is the problem. I called to the office and she told me they rather see the proof of payment ( online transfer). But how i suppose to do this now? How can I prove the payments?
    My Husband lives in this house 10 years, always was giving cash...

You can't prove something you haven't done.

Tell whoever it is that you have the rent book as requested in the letter.

Graham wrote: »
    You can't prove something you haven't done.

Tell whoever it is that you have the rent book as requested in the letter.

Thank you.

That is all we can do.

Should we start paying the next year by bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LauraAaron

Thank you.

That is all we can do.

Should we start paying the next year by bank transfer?

Yes I would advise setting up a bank transfer and clearly state RENT on it. We were in the same position we paid our landlord cash for 7 years the last year we started paying through bank transfer so it is easily tracked xx best of luck xxx

LauraAaron wrote: »
    Yes I would advise setting up a bank transfer and clearly state RENT on it. We were in the same position we paid our landlord cash for 7 years the last year we started paying through bank transfer so it is easily tracked xx best of luck xxx

Thank you for the suggestions.

That how we are going to do for this month. We can not loose the chance of buying a dream house just because of the lack of proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LauraAaron

Thank you for the suggestions.

That how we are going to do for this month. We can not loose the chance of buying a dream house just because of the lack of proof.

I wish you all the best xxx

LauraAaron wrote: »
    I wish you all the best xxx
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Godspeed2773

Dave087 wrote: »
    Can anybody who applied to SDCC suggest a solicitor? We have just been approved but would ideally like to get a solicitor who is familiar with the rebuilding Ireland home loan process. Appreciate any feedback.

Congratulations on your approval wish you all the best! How long did the whole process take for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Shanvp

Just picked up my keys today. Surreal feeling altogether but I'll get use to it!
    Got my loan with DCC.

Best of luck to everyone applying. This forum really has been a great help. It can be a long road but it's worth it.

That's brilliant news congratulations! Can I ask how long the process took for you from approval to getting your keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

So apparently Louth are not taking any applications despite the minister saying they are to take them. This means even though I have everything ready to go and I have a place in mind they won't even entertain me bringing the forms in or even give me a time frame of when they may start accepting them again. She wasn't even sure they would get any money allocated this year meaning that no one will be approved for anything in Louth for the forseeable future. So much for this scheme being a help to first time buyers.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Salanky wrote: »
    So apparently Louth are not taking any applications despite the minister saying they are to take them. This means even though I have everything ready to go and I have a place in mind they won't even entertain me bringing the forms in or even give me a time frame of when they may start accepting them again. She wasn't even sure they would get any money allocated this year meaning that no one will be approved for anything in Louth for the forseeable future. So much for this scheme being a help to first time buyers.....

I would get that in a letter and send a copy of it to the Minister's office. He can't say one thing and have a Council doing another.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Shanvp wrote: »
    That's brilliant news congratulations! Can I ask how long the process took for you from approval to getting your keys?

I was approved at the start of Dec 18. Went sale agreed at start of April. Submitted final form 3 documents mid May(not DCC's fault, I had trouble getting access to have survey done). Solicitor got pack start of June. Got keys on 26th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Godspeed2773

I was approved at the start of Dec 18. Went sale agreed at start of April. Submitted final form 3 documents mid May(not DCC's fault, I had trouble getting access to have survey done). Solicitor got pack start of June. Got keys on 26th July.

Congrats on your keys! Such a big achievement. May I ask why it took so long to go sale agreed. We’re there any complications?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Congrats on your keys! Such a big achievement. May I ask why it took so long to go sale agreed. We’re there any complications?

Well these days it can take time to find one! There's a lot of competition.
    I only started properly looking for a house in January 19. Bid on a number of houses and was outbid every time. The house I got was one I had seen in late Feb and had been outbid on originally. Got a call weeks later to say original buyer had pulled out and they offered me first refusal as I was underbidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

Salanky wrote: »

The main issue here is while the minister is saying one thing councils are saying another. You can see the logic from the council if they dont have the money and no word on getting the money why do the work with the form when they cant be approved.
    The minister was expected to announce in June extra funding for RBI that would bring it to an annual amount but this never happened. I am looking to buy next year so hoping it is announced in the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

When do that take the first payment.i know it's the first of every month..but how do they know when you move in??

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

I would get that in a letter and send a copy of it to the Minister's office. He can't say one thing and have a Council doing another.

I may well give her another ring and get it in a letter and send it in. Its not her fault, shes following what her boss is telling her to do but its still hugely frustrating for people who only have this as an option to get their own place.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

You're mistaken with the first of every month, as ours is paid on the 21st of each month, so I'd check that out. From what I remember, we got our keys the end of November, contacted the council, or there was a letter sent out, and they told us how much the first months would be, pro rata. This will be charged from your drawdown date. We then set up a standing order, not a dd as it will reduce yearly if on a fixed rate, and it's been taken on the 21st ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

You're mistaken with the first of every month, as ours is paid on the 21st of each month, so I'd check that out. From what I remember, we got our keys the end of November, contacted the council, or there was a letter sent out, and they told us how much the first months would be, pro rata. This will be charged from your drawdown date. We then set up a standing order, not a dd as it will reduce yearly if on a fixed rate, and it's been taken on the 21st ever since.
    Thanks for that.On my forms its stated as the 1st of every month by dd..I'm getting the keys next week and am just wondering what way its gona work.i suppose it's better to just email fingal and ask them to be sure.

Advertisement