Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭aidan364

My partner works in the childcare sector and they were all put on EWSS as a way to ensure higher costs weren't passed onto the parents due to reduced numbers and higher numbers of staff. We wrote to the council and explained our situation. It wasn't looking good but they eventually allowed us to progress.

I wrote to a number or TDs and very few got back to me. The main person who got back to me was Jed Nash the Labour finance spokesperson. He has been in the Dail alot fighting for people particularly in relation to people on EWSS and trying to use the Rebuilding Ireland Scheme. He got back to me quite quickly and offered to plead our case, and would be willing to fight for us. I would definitely recommend contacting him if you are having any trouble. He's not even in my constituency and was the only TD who wrote back.

I hope you are able to get around it if you are currently on the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do they count bonuses as part of their calculation for your mortgage does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

From what I can remember only if it's guaranteed and only if it goes directly into your bank account. I get my bonus from work in the form of a prepaid debit card and that wasn't taken into account because it didn't go directly into my bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mine just gets paid with my salary every 3 months. Do they take a certain portion of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

I'm not sure to be honest. Since my bonus didn't qualify I didn't get any clarification. If you can ring the department and speak to someone who deals with the applications they should be able to let you know for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jessimirish

Thanks a million - he is not in my constituency but I will give him a try! What council were you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

After applying in April, we were approved in July, went sale agreed in September, and exactly 3 months to the day from going sale agreed we will be receiving our keys on Tuesday. Thank you to everyone for all the help and support in here. Anyone else going through the process, keep your heads up! Takes bloody ages but it works. Without this mortgage, we would not have been able to buy a home

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CuriosityKilledtheCat

Question for anyone who has been approved and completed the process - how long did it take from approval to getting the loan drawdown?

I have had tenants in my house for 12 or 13 years. I agreed to sell to them in September 2020 and we fixed the price. They have been getting the run-around from the council since - mainly due to C-19 and EWSS etc. I imagine.

I have stuck to the agreement we made last year even though the house has increased in value by about €35k since - accidental landlord and I do have a sense of loyalty to the tenants as there has never been an issue with them, they moved in the same day I moved out. They are in the house at well below the market rent too.

To be honest, they have been much more stressed about the process than I have. They have had to submit updated documents three times already!!

It looks like there might finally be some light at the end of the tunnel. The tenant called me today they have an appointment with the housing office on Friday to discuss the conditions of the loan. I am assuming (rightly or wrongly) that they wouldn't be called in if the application was to be refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭waterfordgirl

Sent my application in today. Absolutely sick with nerves, which will hopefully subside as i know its likely to be at least a few weeks until i hear anything.

Please send good vibes my way!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ladybug14

Sorry if it’s already been asked but if you go with RIHL can you switch your mortgage in the future or you are with them for life?! Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ballinakilly

Can someone help me make sense of this. Joint application region of 70 - 74k, evidence of savings, deposit ready etc. Insufficient offers from 2 banks at 218k. Looking to achieve maximum available for property at 320k. A few days ago RBI come back and say woohoo you're approved for 218k. But that's what the banks offered initially?

Am I going crazy, does this not defeat the purpose of the scheme entirely? How could they offer what was entered as our insufficient offer? Any help/comments appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DKMS

Hi, does anyone know if RI asks for statements again when drawn down?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 89char9

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows answer to this. I'm employed for the last 5 years by the same company but my husband is on jobseekers. Can we apply jointly but just ask for my income to be taken into consideration? Or is he not eligible as an applicant because he is on social welfare? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭waterfordgirl

You can definitely apply, its likely that only your income will be taken into account though

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

you're asked again when they send you the paperwork after approval. not at drawdown. that's how it worked with waterford council anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭shawki

Website has been updated with the new criteria for single applicants

https://localauthorityhomeloan.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Looking at this after reading about it today. We have paid our deposit on a reduced cost site from the CC. We have tried 3 banks specifically for a mortgage on a modular build house. They won't touch them due to the payment terms (when the funds are released to the builders) - would this be any different / worth a shot? We can get a mortgage on a "standard" build but really want to go for the modular.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Can't believe they are still capping at 320k. Has ensured we have been outbid on every house we've gone for despite having more in savings that we cannot put towards the house price

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

320k cap is ridiculous, there is nothing in Cork for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Hi all - we are waiting for our second approval having failed to get anything on the first go round and not exactly optimistic about the next one. I am due a payrise in April and husband just got one which, over 12 months, will push us very slightly over the 70k requirement. Does anyone know if, if you are earning more AFTER getting approval, the offer is withdrawn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bleaks

Yep, basically forcing people to live in either kips needing serious renovation/modernisation (which costs an absolute fortune) and/or in seriously disadvantaged and often dangerous parts of cities. At my wits end with DCC and how inefficient/error ridden they have been in processing our application. Prices have probably risen 5% in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bleaks

Is it not 75k for a joint application? Don't be afraid to engage in a live chat on their website. You have to enable 'zendesk' in the cookie permissions. They're normally fairly helpful there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TomPe

Hi Everyone

Anyone can access the new website ?

Also what about the offer denials ? is it for any amount or specific amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Quick question re employment.

It says 2 years as the primary earner OR 1 year as secondary?

Do you need both?

I'm in a job 5 years as the primary, but partner is only recently returned to work.

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 15 qwq

I have been paying the rent for my partner and myself for over a year. She takes care of other expenses. Would it affect a joint application seeing as no rent is being payed directly by her? Would I be better off just applying myself? Also my monthly savings are about 3 times more than hers. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michelle.1

me and my partner recently went Sale Agreed & sent forms 1,2,3 back to DCC. They emailed yesterday saying everything they required (statements, survey report, valuer report, payslips) we’re all ok. I’m just wondering does anyone know the timeline from when they send out the Loan Pack to our solicitor to getting the keys ??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DKMS

hi, we sent structural survey from the engineer to county council and we received a letter requesting the following: “the fire integrity of the dwelling in accordance with TGD Part B..” we already paid to the engineer and we are not sure what to do. We sent him a letter before the survey asking if he will do everything that is required for County council.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jessimirish

Can I ask what they ask for after sale agreed? I am going for approval at the moment and have been saving like a monk, but was hoping to go on holiday after approval. Do they check your bank statements again before drawdown? Which council are you with?

When we went sale agreed they asked us for Bank Statements/Savings Statements/Revolut statements from when we submitted our initial application to now which was 7 months worth on top of the 12 months previous ones. So I would keep saving until you get the keys. We are with Dublin City Council

• Advertisement

Advertisement