Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to gain weight Help

Options
  • 03-02-2019 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm six foot 2 and just under 11 stone. I have been trying to gain weight for the last year to no success. I am always just under 11 stone and my weight never fluctuates.

Any tips would be appreciated. My usual diet is:

Breakfast:
    2 Egg white scrambled eggs with three pieces toasted white bread.

Or

Four Weetabix with full fat milk and Spoon of Sugar.

Both washed down with Glass of Cranberry Juice and a Banana on way to work.

Lunch:

250 Grams of white Rice with One Grilled chicken fillet with Curry Sauce.

Or

250 Grams of white Rice with stir fried vegetables with grilled chicken fillet. (Peppers,Mushrooms and Broccoli)

Dinner.

Same as Lunch above, stir fry or chicken currey with same grams of Rice.

On the weekends I would eat the same as above and add a steak sandwich on a Sunday, box of pringles over the weekend and four cans of Heineken.

Any tips on gaining an extra two stone would be greatly appreciated. Whats my current calories intake and what do I need to add to gain some weight? Should I just up the rice intake to 350 grams or add another chicken fillet to each meal. Don't know whats the best way to about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Why egg whites? Go for the full egg. The calories are in the yoke.

Add a protein shake with some Oats and fruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

My first thought was that you diet comes across as a bit ”anaemic” and you don’t seem to have much in the way of quality fats, chicken is the lettuce of the meat world , instead of chicken curries maybe some homemade beef shepherds pies or have steak and eggs a couple of nights during the week. Other lunch ideas, smoked mackerel, avocado and chicken salad. If specifically wanting to add weight without eating junk food maybe add in some snacks with quality nuts , some cheese, a spoon of almond butter is nom nom nom. Change your omelette around a bit especially at the weekend when you might have time to enjoy it, 3 eggs, mushrooms, peppers some bacon and ham and add butter to it. If you are making curries use more red meat, coconut milk.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Pizza,chips,chocolate, ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm six foot 2 and just under 11 stone. I have been trying to gain weight for the last year to no success. I am always just under 11 stone and my weight never fluctuates.

Breakfast:

Or

Lunch:

Or

250 Grams of white Rice with stir fried vegetables with grilled chicken fillet. (Peppers,Mushrooms and Broccoli)

Dinner.

On the weekends I would eat the same as above and add a steak sandwich on a Sunday, box of pringles over the weekend and four cans of Heineken.

Any tips on gaining an extra two stone would be greatly appreciated. Whats my current calories intake and what do I need to add to gain some weight? Should I just up the rice intake to 350 grams or add another chicken fillet to each meal. Don't know whats the best way to about it.

You've nowhere near enough calories coming in. With your height and weight, you probably have a high resting metabolism so you need to be horsing the calories in.

Get a weight gainer to fill the gaps, it'll save you the hassle of stuffing your face.

Work out as well, go to the gym and do your heavy compound lifts for your legs and back. The larger the muscle group, the more testosterone you'll release for the others, which will help in muscle production.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi,

Breakfast:

Or

Lunch:

Or

Dinner.

Weetabix could be 500 kcals.
    Lunch and dinner could be 1800 kcals.
    You're 6'2".

You need to eat more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Pint taken everyone, thought i was eating more than enough.

Going to force myself to eat a cheese toastie after every meal, so thats six slices of white bread with a block of cheese. Going to drink half pint of full fat milk with each meal and start introducing red meat.

I really just don't like crips, choclate etc to snack on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You don't necessarily need to force fees yourself anything. Find more energy-dense foods and incorporate them. Nuts, for example, as someone mentioned. Easy enough to include during the day and a handy way of getting extra calories. Just try find a way that getting the extra calories isn't a chore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Cake Man

I really just don't like crips, choclate etc to snack on
    eek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.png

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You don't need crisps and chocolate. You don't even need snacks. But if your eating 3 meals only, they need to be 1000+ cals

Eggs whites and grilled chicken below on a small persons weight loss diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Out of curiosity, are you in good health, good immune system?

If so maybe you're worrying about nothing. Every one is different. You might be a cross country runner rather than going to the gym where you won't bulk and it could do you more harm than good 🙂

• Advertisement
Advertisement