Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shoes, could you contact a local rescue and propose that you have a place for the horse if they can help you with the care?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,869 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Saw a horse that is in urgent need of being rehomed so I’m in work wondering if I’d be equipped enough to be a horse mama. I could leave it on the farm, but, I have absolutely no experience with horses at all, and the last time I tried lead a stray one out of our drive onto the farm, it kicked up its front legs as I stood next to it and was about 40 feet tall. My dad had a lot of experience with owning horses so at the time he knew what to do, but clearly I’m no medium so won’t have that Avenue available for advice. Do they need special fencing? Do they need special food? Do they need herd testing?? I don’t know.
    I would love to take it but don’t want to make things worse for the animal in the long term.

Can you not ring/ask whoever needs the horse rehomed , exactly what you would need to have , space , food etc ? I haven't a clue tbh .

Still waiting here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Saw a horse that is in urgent need of being rehomed so I’m in work wondering if I’d be equipped enough to be a horse mama. I could leave it on the farm, but, I have absolutely no experience with horses at all, and the last time I tried lead a stray one out of our drive onto the farm, it kicked up its front legs as I stood next to it and was about 40 feet tall. My dad had a lot of experience with owning horses so at the time he knew what to do, but clearly I’m no medium so won’t have that Avenue available for advice. Do they need special fencing? Do they need special food? Do they need herd testing?? I don’t know.
    I would love to take it but don’t want to make things worse for the animal in the long term.

Basically I say no, not for you, especially if it has special needs.
    It sounds like the charitable thing to do, but if you don't know then just contact someone who does, ispca probably best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside again but my cup is full of tae 😀

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    About to get out of the leaba and head for college. Have a 2 hour lab about HTML, this should be fun! :p

It will be fun! You'll be banging out websites before you know it 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Edward M wrote: »
    Basically I say no, not for you, especially if it has special needs.
    It sounds like the charitable thing to do, but if you don't know then just contact someone who does, ispca probably best.

You’re probably right Edward. Like I would be horrified if someone with no dog experience decided to rehome a traumatized dog. I suppose realistically it would be easy to figure out fencing and food but I’d be constantly second guessing myself. I’d be able to mind a cow with my eyes closed. I know when they’re sick, i know how to notice them, I know how much penicillin to put in a sore eye, how to notice mastitis, not to give them whole potatoes, I know what doses they need and when they go out on grass, but I would know NOTHING like that in relation to a horse. It’s just quite frustrating having so much space when I know of someone needing space. I might say it to a rescue they can keep it in my space if they can take care of it short term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

You have a heart of gold Shoes, fair dues.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

You’re probably right Edward. Like I would be horrified if someone with no dog experience decided to rehome a traumatized dog. I suppose realistically it would be easy to figure out fencing and food but I’d be constantly second guessing myself. I’d be able to mind a cow with my eyes closed. I know when they’re sick, i know how to notice them, I know how much penicillin to put in a sore eye, how to notice mastitis, not to give them whole potatoes, I know what doses they need and when they go out on grass, but I would know NOTHING like that in relation to a horse. It’s just quite frustrating having so much space when I know of someone needing space. I might say it to a rescue they can keep it in my space if they can take care of it short term.

That sounds excellent shoes. How big is it, I have space, I have taken them in before but from the ispca, horses and donkeys.
    If it needs some work, like vaccinations and feet work, hooves like, all that's expensive, the ispca would do all that and then they don't need much looking after really, just food and shelter basically, no testing on horses or donkeys.

Edward M wrote: »
    That sounds excellent shoes. How big is it, I have space, I have taken them in before but from the ispca, horses and donkeys.
    If it needs some work, like vaccinations and feet work, hooves like, all that's expensive, the ispca would do all that and then they don't need much looking after really, just food and shelter basically, no testing on horses or donkeys.

Will pm you later Edward if that’s ok!

Fantastic day out today, just had a long walk with the dog. He's getting a bit old & has arthritis, so he has to stay on the lead all the time now, he just runs whenever he is off!
    Two of us are shattered now!

Off to visit my 2 favourite little people for the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

sitting on my bed, making a plan for the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,127 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A lovely Spring day out there. Think I'll pop out for lunch.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Fantastic day out today, just had a long walk with the dog.

Was out for a short stroll myself, nice and mild out but there's a gale blowing taking the good out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Deskside again but my cup is full of tae 😀

It will be fun! You'll be banging out websites before you know it 😀

I think that’s the point, think we need to make a website to pass the module :p

Currently waiting outside the classroom of said lab, waiting to be let in

Tomorrow evening us Galway United supporters including The President Michael D Higgins are taking part in Reclaiming the Dyke

Looking forward to it but the schoolboy part of me thinks maybe they should have used the full name i.e. Reclaiming the Dyke Road....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

In from doggie walks. Sitting on bed beside my pooch. Happy out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside wishing I could I read women's minds :3

Also Back from a walk down the park, river ways are full of water, lovely too see, I was looking too see if there was any fish in them but there wasn't :3 probably only in the main river.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Deskside wishing I could I read women's minds :3

Rookie mistake.

Lying on my bed

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Rookie mistake.

Why so auld pal?

Lying on my bed

Why so auld pal?
    I don’t even understand my own mind most of the time.
    “No I can carry my own basket around tesco thanks”
    Silently fuming I have to carry my own basket and why didn’t I just get a trolley because I always say I’ll get a trolley but never do until the baskets too heavy and he should carry the basket anyway.

“What’s wrong?”
    Nothing.
    Meanwhile he continues to sit there, texting, breathing, chewing, or whatever he’s doing that’s annoying when I could have just said stop but no I say nothing because I don’t want to be petty but Im getting more irate by staying silent.

We’re done talking about this.
    “Great”
    And you know another thing?! Blah blah blah (round 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch.....heard the sound every parent hates...

The ****ing ice cream van has started to do his rounds.....gonna be pestered now every day by the chicks for the next 7 months....piss off ice cream man...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Holy **** Shoes, wanna get married?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Why so auld pal?

What Shoes says :)

You know how in your head, you are either hungry, sleepy or horny.
    Women have more states than that that the male mind just can't comprehend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Yep. I'm a woman and I don't know what women want, or what I want half the time :p

I'm a phlegm machine, I feel like I'm drowning in it today. Grumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Yep. I'm a woman and I don't know what women want, or what I want half the time :p

I'm a phlegm machine, I feel like I'm drowning in it today. Grumble.

Ross o Carroll Kelly said it best when he said a woman's mind is like a computer with 20 tabs open ..lol lol

Ross said it not me....

Bows head profusely at all ladies in here while walking backwards out of thread..lol lol

Old BC comic strip ...(not me)

What makes a woman's mind work?

Giving her flowers for no apparent reason...

Holy **** Shoes, wanna get married?

Back off I saw her first :3

😀

If I could read your mind love
    What a tale your thoughts could tell
    Just like a paperback novel
    The kind the drugstore sells
    When you reach the part where the heartaches come
    The hero would be me
    Heroes often fail
    And you won't read that book again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Public side. Not a particularly nice pub but it will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,127 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Heading out for an early dinner with Mrs. G. Looking forward to some lively discussion here later.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement