Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The "grand" type do

It's far from grand I was reared. Survival of the fittest.

Any spare jambons going & I may see am I suited to the grand lifestyle.

**grabs knife & fork**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Homeside, and all done with my three month project, which ended up lasting two happy years.

Heading to my next project/adventure city on Sunday, and, by God, if the people there are half as amazing as the people I worked with here, I'll be a lucky, lucky gal. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Heading to the coalface.. Tired little grem

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finished work and now getting the hair done :) To straighten or not is the question :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

kitchside, I got lazy today so having a takeaway :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

in my apartment, waiting on someone to arrive :)

TV Licence inspector, right?

Same here. We live in the back-ass of Laois so nobody ever calls.

It gets lonely.

I tried to entice visitors. Didn't get a TV licence for ages hoping he'd call.
    But alas, nothing.
    Then I got a licence hoping he'd call so I could show it to him (and the licence as well). But he didn't.
    Obviously I'm being blatantly sexist here, so for the next few weeks I began hoping a Licencess would call. She didn't. Well, she was probably within her rights after my initial sexism.
    I don't blame her.

The Jahovas Witnesses DID make an appearance one morning.
    I answered and they gave me a pamphlet, I read it and all was going fine and I figured these are bound to come in.
    But the pressure got to me and I probably over-played it and saying religiously I was like a ball of mawla (phonetics and all that) waiting to be shaped, while ushering 3 timid middle aged ladies into the house, went against me.
    Not certain, but one of them mentioned Jozef Fritzel while walking away, or maybe she said I wonder did he have pretzels?
    I can't be 100% sure either way.

Anyway, I have somewhat digest, Yes I know the feeling of waiting for someone to arrive.

EDIT: Jaysus, yeah nearly forgot, Im at home, in the kitchen. Waiting for the doorbell to ring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Home glorious home after a delightful - if unexpected - midweek getaway in St. Vincent's Hospital. I checked at a very unsociable hour on Wednesday night, and the wonderful staff were so kind as to offer me an extra couple of nights' stay over the weekend. Thankfully, I managed to gulp down some sort of liquid concoction that the chef mixed up for specially for me, thus convincing the manager of the establishment that I should return to my own bed.
    But with the expensive salon shampoo my hair NEVER looked clean. Not even after getting out of the shower. It always looked greasy or full of product.

I'd a similar issue - I spent an absolute fortune (for me) on a load of salon stuff when my hair started falling out and thinning, and it made my hair look and feel disgusting. I've been using Mane n' Tail shampoo and conditioner for the last six weeks, and the difference in terms of hair loss, flatness, and knots is so noticeable. Two giant bottles for €14 in my local chemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

TV Licence inspector, right?

Same here. We live in the back-ass of Laois so nobody ever calls.

It gets lonely.

I tried to entice visitors. Didn't get a TV licence for ages hoping he'd call.
    But alas, nothing.
    Then I got a licence hoping he'd call so I could show it to him (and the licence as well). But he didn't.
    Obviously I'm being blatantly sexist here, so for the next few weeks I began hoping a Licencess would call. She didn't. Well, she was probably within her rights after my initial sexism.
    I don't blame her.

The Jahovas Witnesses DID make an appearance one morning.
    I answered and they gave me a pamphlet, I read it and all was going fine and I figured these are bound to come in.
    But the pressure got to me and I probably over-played it and saying religiously I was like a ball of mawla (phonetics and all that) waiting to be shaped, while ushering 3 timid middle aged ladies into the house, went against me.
    Not certain, but one of them mentioned Jozef Fritzel while walking away, or maybe she said I wonder did he have pretzels?
    I can't be 100% sure either way.

Anyway, I have somewhat digest, Yes I know the feeling of waiting for someone to arrive.

EDIT: Jaysus, yeah nearly forgot, Im at home, in the kitchen. Waiting for the doorbell to ring ;)

nope, wasn't the tv inspector :)

nope, wasn't the tv inspector :)

Damn it. Sorta wasted 6 paragraphs so. I'll regroup and be back with ya soon

Can't be Jimmy Saville anyway coz he sleeps with the fishes. Leave it with me......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Still bedside, but thermometer is now saying 38.2, so thats a win. Also, got lovely presents dropped in the door there, love my neighbours.
    Dont know is it just that im bored or are all the threads I follow going so slowly tonight. I need entertainment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Can't be Jimmy Saville anyway coz he sleeps with the fishes. Leave it with me......

what part of rural laois you in.

bassy wrote: »
    what part of rural laois you in.

Ballylinan.

We have a petrol station now, ya know.

Wait.... Why are you asking? I can make sandwiches and prepare the dungeon if ya wanna call over?

they'd be just cheese sandwiches.

Ballylinan.

We have a petrol station now, ya know.

Wait.... Why are you asking? I can make sandwiches and prepare the dungeon if ya wanna call over?

thanks i will decline your dungeon hospitality :D:D

your not far away im on the kilkenny laois border,but im on the right side of the border KK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Couchside. Wrecked after tough week at the coal face. My turn to cook. Not fancying it Tbh. Mrs Cushtie busy packing as she jets off to NY in the morning for a trip away with her buds.

Just sat down on the couch, long day but no coalface tf, I haven't had a drink at home in 3 weeks, no particular reason but a combination of being sick and having absolutely no mind for one so I decided to open a bottle of wine and have a glass tonight and already I feel like I'm drinking too quickly rather than just enjoying it.. I don't think I actually want it but I'm not sure.. Is that really weird, hard to explain what I'm actually trying to say.. Carry on lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just sat down on the couch, long day but no coalface tf, I haven't had a drink at home in 3 weeks, no particular reason but a combination of being sick and having absolutely no mind for one so I decided to open a bottle of wine and have a glass tonight and already I feel like I'm drinking too quickly rather than just enjoying it.. I don't think I actually want it but I'm not sure.. Is that really weird, hard to explain what I'm actually trying to say.. Carry on lol.

As long as you are not drinking it from a straw you are grand! Enjoy.

invite me around and we could share the plonk :)

I'll visit you Red! :D

Right now I'm on the couch looking forward to a crazy night of Netflix and a few beers.

bassy wrote: »
    invite me around and we could share the plonk :)

But sure I made the offer there about the dungeon and you blanked me.

You watch yerself now Bassy, don't be coming north or south or Wesht or whatever it is of that border again.

Yee shhmug Kilkenny hurling gits

• Advertisement

But sure I made the offer there about the dungeon and you blanked me.

You watch yerself now Bassy, don't be coming north or south or Wesht or whatever it is of that border again.

Yee shhmug Kilkenny hurling gits

duvet day is a lovely lady and has aquired tastes :)

had to decline you once you mentioned dungeon :D

I'll visit you Red! :D

Right now I'm on the couch looking forward to a crazy night of Netflix and a few beers.

Awww cheers Perse matey. That would be nice. :)

Had a few others there mainly from Kilkenny showing an interest, but you'd be in ahead of 'em

Awww cheers Perse matey. That would be nice. :)

Had a few others there mainly from Kilkenny showing an interest, but you'd be in ahead of 'em

We can sit in your kitchen and listen to some fine tunes while having a beer. A bit of Father John Misty maybe. Love him :)

We can sit in your kitchen and listen to some fine tunes while having a beer. A bit of Father John Misty maybe. Love him :)

Now yer talkin!

And a bit of this too:

Now yer talkin!

And a bit of this too:

:D

Now yer talkin!

And a bit of this too:

the queens county ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside chilling out with a beer, watching the rugby, lovely relaxed evening after a hectic week at work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well, didn't see that coming, a mini laois invasion, i'm impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do people eat jambons with a knife and fork?
    I may not be a social etiquette guru, but never knew that.

I do, coz it’s got melted cheesy kinda stuff in the middle so it’d be too hot to just pick up
    TG1 wrote: »
    Thats the first food mentioned in the last three days that has even made me think I might like it! Any going spare?? :pac:

They’re really nice, I get the ones in Aldi, they’re in the freezers, and they’re quite tasty

• Advertisement

Well, didn't see that coming, a mini laois invasion, i'm impressed

Honestly, Aside from the Cayman Islands, Laois is the nicest place I've ever been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement