Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In the pub downstairs from a comedy club waiting for a friend to arrive. We are going to see Stephen K Amos in 2 hours. Whoop!

I may be getting a little drunk....but don't tell my boyfriend that am drinking beer. I made a deal that I would stay off beer until my sister's wedding in July

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Witchie wrote: »
    In the pub downstairs from a comedy club waiting for a friend to arrive. We are going to see Stephen K Amos in 2 hours. Whoop!

I may be getting a little drunk....but don't tell my boyfriend that am drinking beer. I made a deal that I would stay off beer until my sister's wedding in July

What is said on Boards stays on Boards :)

Drinking coffee for motivation to go to Tesco. Uggggghhhhh, there has to be more to life....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    What is said on Boards stays on Boards :)

Drinking coffee for motivation to go to Tesco. Uggggghhhhh, there has to be more to life....

Reason to be cheerful : Its (probably) better than having to go to their new chain of shops which they named..........Jacks.........:eek:

https://www.jacks-uk.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Busy morning with the young cattle. I let them out to pasture and its their first time out on their own, it takes them a while for them to get used to being free and their own bosses.
    Fences are checked and it should hold them but they're inquisitive buggers and a few will get shocks before they realise that paddock they're in is their boundary.
    I can't stay and watch them all day, so coffee now with a scone and hope for the best.
    And maybe a short nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Home again. My strange shift turned out to be fire safety training and manual handling. Even though I did it not long after I started there last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hiding out so hopefully no one will find me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Couchside ..... Exausted and pain

Trying not to fall asleep

Sitting down having coffee and doing a bit of writing. I cannot wait for tomorrow! Four whole days of relaxation and lovely food and wine and films and just wow. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It has been one of those days that has just slipped away. Took a walk this morning, read the paper, pottered in the garden, chatted with passing neighbours and now it's half three already. Time to set the fire and think about dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Waiting for a lift home and a nice long evening with little to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Out in the garden, drinking a beer and letting the sun at my legs for the first time this year!!

Still on cloud 9 after this mornings news too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Did you get a job TG1?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

TG1 wrote: »
    Out in the garden, drinking a beer and letting the sun at my legs for the first time this year!!

Still on cloud 9 after this mornings news too. :)

I missed that TG, what news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Yep, got the call this morning! Delighted with myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So don't ever go to the Crackhouse Comedy club in KL.

Went to the show. The MC/Owner starts a bit of banter with me and my friend. She is a bit drunk. Gets a bit rowdy without being insulting or nasty, just banter. He tells us we are c*nts and to leave.

I left, she stayed and argued, probably being a bit of a c*nt but only coz he was so nasty to us.

So angry. Didn't get to see Stephen K Amos. Was talking to him before and after we were thrown out and he didn't think we deserved to be thrown out. He said she was a bit drink and loud but wasn't phased by it. 2 other performers said we were fine.

So yeah, Malaysia may not be ready for proper comedy clubs.

I probably said 2 things all night and they were in response to his questions. Apparently he did the same last nite.

Well done tg1 that's great news

Kitchen side cleaning up the floor after little birds dinner/ throw food on the floor time

Anyone for tea ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Computerside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Delighted for you TG1, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Home , kettle boiled , about to make a very welcome salt and vinegar tayto sandwich :D

All the Nestle medium sized Easter Eggs , 260g , are now three for ten euro in Iceland if anyone still needs to get eggs .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thanks Mam :D not like I need more eggs but I’ll probably have to buy some more :D

Home side now about to have dinner :)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Home , kettle boiled , about to make a very welcome salt and vinegar tayto sandwich :D

All the Nestle medium sized Easter Eggs , 260g , are now three for ten euro in Iceland if anyone still needs to get eggs .

I have to say never had a salt and vinegar tayto sandwich
    Is it the same ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back home again for the night. I can’t wait to go to bed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

All stocked up Mam......I think.:D

Had a cheese sandwich earlier with Tayto smokey bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Going out to shut in the hens & ducks...unfortunately they don’t know the clocks went forward!

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    I have to say never had a salt and vinegar tayto sandwich
    Is it the same ???

Please try it !

I never eat a cheese and onion tayto sandwich anymore tbh , the salt and vinegar ones are the best , imo though :)

Auto ,
    They have the Galaxy and the Galaxy Golden Eggs(balls!) in that offer too , never enough chocolate :D

Grandeeod ,
    Think I'm sorted too , I didn't eat too many of the one's I bought :D
    Did you get yourself an egg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Auto ,
    They have the Galaxy and the Galaxy Golden Eggs(balls!) in that offer too , never enough chocolate :D

Grandeeod ,
    Think I'm sorted too , I didn't eat too many of the one's I bought :D
    Did you get yourself an egg ?

I haven't had an egg yet and so far I haven't bought one for myself either. But you can be damn sure I'll be getting one. Probably a big Snickers job.:D So much choice though. Maybe a creme egg one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Ye love Easter Eggs!! I must be one of the few people who doesn't like them.

I'm currently pacing around like a mad person (well not right now, it would be difficult to type).
    I'm from the city but married a country man. Sweet Jesus, the obsession with land. I could rewrite the Field. Just f**k off.

Sorry, that felt good. As ye were..

**Also adding, this is not an insult to anyone from the country at all, so apologies if I offended. Just my experience of one family.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I haven't had an egg yet and so far I haven't bought one for myself either. But you can be damn sure I'll be getting one. Probably a big Snickers job.:D So much choice though. Maybe a creme egg one as well.

The creme egg one's are eight euro !
    I only know because I had to buy one , it pained me to do so ..

• Advertisement

Ahhhhhh the bed. There is no finer place :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement