Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I knew a fella in England once who was wanted by the police for traffic offences, the cops came knocking on the door looking for him, he answered the door himself and was walking out with his, suitcase under his arm, heading for the boat back home.
    They asked him who was inside, he said Brown is in there smoking in the bathroom, they rushed in and ran up the stairs to a steaming toilet bowl but the brown wasn't a man, if you know what I mean, but Mr Brown was in his jalopy and long gone by the time they figured out they'd been tricked.
    In your case mam I'd make an exception, but usually I'm reluctant to accept strange brownies ever since. :D
    Looking to see if I have any goodies stashed myself, it's Sunday and we didn't get much in this week as Mrs is working a lot, but I know I had wagon wheels somewhere, if only the brats haven't found them............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, sitting beside a sleeping cat :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    Back from the Bookclub. Everything but the book discussed...my kind of Bookclub!!!

What was the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

What was the book?

Omg what a complete Aisling...didn’t read it (I’m a serial offender)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Omg what a complete Aisling...didn’t read it (I’m a serial offender)

I'd rather scoop my eyes out that read that tripe

• Advertisement

lbc2019 wrote: »
    I'd rather scoop my eyes out that read that tripe

Our next book is The Milkman. I’ve a month to read it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Our next book is The Milkman. I’ve a month to read it

I've had that since Christmas. Haven't got past page 7. If you manage to read it let me know if it's worth the effort!

TG1 wrote: »
    I've had that since Christmas. Haven't got past page 7. If you manage to read it let me know if it's worth the effort!

Oh dear...doesn’t sound good. Think it won a big book prize. I’m the worst Book Club member ever. I actually tabled a motion “should I be kicked out of the Bookclub for never reading the book”!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Enjoying a glass of Baileys

Oh dear...doesn’t sound good. Think it won a big book prize. I’m the worst Book Club member ever. I actually tabled a motion “should I be kicked out of the Bookclub for never reading the book”!

:pac: well, let me know in a month if any book club members who actually read the book thinks it's worth the effort then! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If it's the Anna Burns book, I wish you luck - long rambling sentences and she doesn't seem to believe in paragraphs. It's dull and an absolute chore to read.

Correspondence all done and feeling peckish so I may have a few bowls of Rice Krispies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Spent the last few hours with a friend who woke up this morning, watched the news and realised that his colleague/friend had died.

Then he had to break news to the guys wife and kids.

Good night all.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Spent the last few hours with a friend who woke up this morning, watched the news and realised that his colleague/friend had died.

Good night all.

Smurf, thinking of you, it's a tough time. Look after yourself.

Good night all.

Good night Smurfjed, hope you get some sleep, that must have been very harrowing for your friend too, I wish you all well and peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Good night all.

Thinking of you all Smurfjed , look after yourselves in the days ahead .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Good night all.

Sad stuff Smurfjed. Dont ever want to have to do anything like that. Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

yikes, tough news smurfjed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thinking of you Smurf xxxxx

Bedside :)

Night all

Jaez, everybody must have gone to bed early tonight.
    Went for a couple of scoops with my big bro, just home. Topping craic in our local, just six of us there and the banter was good.
    Off to bed, night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Where is the crazy night crowd? No postings throughout the night. Does this mean that there is too much mischief going on in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hello, your western correspondent here, a busy night in galway (for me anyway)

About to drag myself out of bed to begin my working week. My pet pooch gets to stay in bed. Jealous

Bed, having a lie in. took a half day off this morning so still in the sunny south east, just enjoying my last couple of hours here before heading home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Homeward bound, will be glad to see the bed what with getting up early yesterday and being busy.. Hope its a good day for you lot, whatever ye are up to..

Nice sunny morning, looks fresh! Heading for a walk with the dog.

I'm on the Dart into work, listening to Mícheál Ryan's mum on Morning Ireland describing her son and his remarkable attitude to life and his work with the World Food Programme.

Can't fathom how she can speak so calmly and eloquently about her son and her bereavement when even I, a stranger, am tearing up.

If you haven't heard the interview, I'd recommend listening back and hearing what kind of guy he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A very productive hour done at the coalface, looking forward to the week ahead and off Friday for a Cheltenham get together in the local, have a good week everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Going 🐟 fishing.

I'm on the Dart into work, listening to Mícheál Ryan's mum on Morning Ireland describing her son and his remarkable attitude to life and his work with the World Food Programme.

Can't fathom how she can speak so calmly and eloquently about her son and her bereavement when even I, a stranger, am tearing up.

If you haven't heard the interview, I'd recommend listening back and hearing what kind of guy he was.

Just watching a bit on him on ireland am on tv3.
    Seems he was a selfless hard working chap who made a huge difference to to a lot of people.

Home chores done and breakfast ate, heading to roscommon today to erect a shed with my BIL in tow. Its sunny so far but there's a bad afternoon forecast so wet suit packed, better be prepared anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Dying of a hangover. Lying in the bed feeling very fragile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement