Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter hook, Dublin Sept

Options
  • 01-02-2019 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Peter hook in the academy September 13th, Belfast September 24th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Excellent,thanks.
    €27 a ticket,great value.
    Dates seem to be :Sept 12th Dolans Limerick, 13th Dublin, 14th Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Missed him last time he played the academy, and to my eternal regret, the DJ/Q+A session in the spirit store, so I'll not miss this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Tickets got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

Have no desire to hear Republic in full. He doesn't even like the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Acosta wrote: »
    Have no desire to hear Republic in full. He doesn't even like the album.

He doesn’t like it because the producer mixed him out largely. You will get to hear now with full on bass.
    Not to mention technique in full plus a dozen or so joy division and early new order, 30 songs in total.

Better value than the other lot in June. Neither are the real deal imo but both still essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

park500 wrote: »
    He doesn’t like it because the producer mixed him out largely. You will get to hear now with full on bass.
    Not to mention technique in full plus a dozen or so joy division and early new order, 30 songs in total.

Better value than the other lot in June. Neither are the real deal imo but both still essential.

Fair point. If he was coming to Cork I definitely would, just not sure I can be bothered going to Limerick this far out. I saw him do Unknown Pleasures several years ago and it was great.

Don't think I'd bother going to see NO again unless they play the Marquee or something local. I did enjoy it to an extent the one time I saw them without Hooky, but it wasn't the same. Too polished and programmed(even for NO). Last time I saw them with him was EP 2006 or 05(not sure). That was a class gig. Although alarm bells were going off as it was obvious Barney and Hooky were clearly on the outs. After seeing them a few times I didn't expect to get Twenty Four Hours. That was class!

Reading Hooky's NO book at the moment. Very good!

Advertisement