Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

April 2019 Intake

  • 31-01-2019 4:25pm
    #1
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    A place for all of us starting in April :)


«13

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Hairy_Poppins


    550-600 all stages passed hoping for a call for April.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    550-600 all stages passed hoping for a call for April.

    Good stuff, the next set of calls will be, week commencing the 18th of February or the following week commencing the 25th. Either way, it's not long to wait, especially after waiting for the best part of a year and a half.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Golfer0011


    TW2017 wrote: »
    Good stuff, the next set of calls will be, week commencing the 18th of February or the following week commencing the 25th. Either way, it's not long to wait, especially after waiting for the best part of a year and a half.

    Cant wait. Hoping to squeeze into the next set of calls but i still havent recieved my vetting!! Although they did say 4 to 6 werks and this is week 5 since they emailed me


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    Golfer0011 wrote: »
    Cant wait. Hoping to squeeze into the next set of calls but i still havent recieved my vetting!! Although they did say 4 to 6 werks and this is week 5 since they emailed me

    Fingers are crossed for you, hopefully you'll become appointable asap, keep us updated when your vetting clears ;)


  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ RDC1234


    560-70 hopefully make it


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Hairy_Poppins


    When the calls do start coming please post on here so we all have a heads up!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    When the calls do start coming please post on here so we all have a heads up!

    Will do, I'm ML 520-550


  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ✭✭✭ Username9876


    Hi anyone else just pass the pct and no more. I need to get out running and prepare


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    Hi anyone else just pass the pct and no more. I need to get out running and prepare

    Yep, I passed with 4 seconds to spare. :rolleyes:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    We'll be doing trim-trail running, body weight exercises (lunges, sit ups etc.) and will be tested on bleep tests and the PCA course. Great fun...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ vat19


    I am hoping for an April call aswell. 530-550.


  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Gymshark


    TW2017 wrote: »
    We'll be doing trim-trail running, body weight exercises (lunges, sit ups etc.) and will be tested on bleep tests and the PCA course. Great fun...

    Don’t just do running. Do strength and conditioning, people mistake it for just running. It’s not. I ran it in 3:02 and intend on making that under 3 in a rerun! And I done all s&c work with only a max of 3 mins running at a time at a hard pace. The trim trail you will obv need running to help. The bleep test is a nonsense test if you ask me but if needs must.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ Doesany1know


    I am starting in April

    I deferred feom March

    Anyone else defer?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ TW2017


    I am starting in April

    I deferred feom March

    Anyone else defer?

    Hello, I didn’t defer.
    However I’m glad you’re here, as you’ll probably be the first person to be called for April. So all eyes will be on you come calls week.
    Please keep us updated when you get the call.
    Not long to wait now ;-).


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ Doesany1know


    TW2017 wrote: »
    Hello, I didn’t defer.
    However I’m glad you’re here, as you’ll probably be the first person to be called for April. So all eyes will be on you come calls week.
    Please keep us updated when you get the call.
    Not long to wait now ;-).

    you've put the pressure on now haha

    I'll post when there's been a call


  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭✭ Fuxxy


    All my fingers and toes crossed for you guys and girls!


  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Hedgehog100


    TW2017 - thanks for setting up the group. I am 500-550. I heard from a good source today that intakes will be larger for at least the next couple of months with up to 70 in each squad. So very encouraging for everyone in the merit pool especially us in the 500-650 range. Keep running and keep active everyone, hopefully only 2-3 more weeks to wait.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ jojobubbles


    Just found this link in the other group chat, just cleared vetting and hoping for an April intakeðŸ˜


  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Merida900


    Just found this link in the other group chat, just cleared vetting and hoping for an April intakeðŸ˜

    What is your merit list number?


  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ jojobubbles


    Merida900 wrote: »
    What is your merit list number?

    I’m Low 400’s on merit list


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ Hairy_Poppins


    Merida900 wrote: »
    What is your merit list number?

    I’m Low 400’s on merit list
    Congrats and well done waiting so long. You will surely be the first call. Please come on and let us know when that call comes so we can standby the phones!


  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭✭ jojobubbles


    Congrats and well done waiting so long. You will surely be the first call. Please come on and let us know when that call comes so we can standby the phones![/quote

    The next few weeks I’m gonna be answering all sorts of PPI and ‘have you had an accident’ calls trying to get thee call lol
    il be sure to post if I hear something, you guys do the same : )


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Golfer0011


    The people who had there call 2 weeks ago have there induction. Hopefully get some info off them today


  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭✭ Nova1999


    Hi Guys, long time lurker here, ML between 650/660 with everything passed, what is realistically the likelihood of getting a call and if so when could the call be for? Appreciate any info, thanks. Congrats to everybody who has got the call so far, this has been dragging on a long time, I reapplied this time and was wondering should I bother sitting the AC again, don’t want to go through that again 😃


  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭✭ Njim91


    Nova1999 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, long time lurker here, ML between 650/660 with everything passed, what is realistically the likelihood of getting a call and if so when could the call be for? Appreciate any info, thanks. Congrats to everybody who has got the call so far, this has been dragging on a long time, I reapplied this time and was wondering should I bother sitting the AC again, don’t want to go through that again ðŸ˜႒

    Hey, not hoping for April intake but just monitor all the threads in the hope of getting more info. By my guess you'll be getting a call around March if not then April. Theyve already got to number 510 on merit list with 36 applicants having not passed physical (according to an FOI I read) with other people dropping out in the mean time. I'm 720-740 on the list with medical due in the next few weeks and I'm still very much hopeful for a call in June or August at the latest. No fast track for 1810 this year which means no appointable list until Sept 2019. Hope this makes sense.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭✭ Nova1999


    Yea that makes sense, thanks very much, I appreciate the reply, just wait and see I guess. I hope things work out for you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Golfer0011


    Finally my vetting has arrived. Ml position 570-580. Never know might make it in the next calls with a bit luck


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭✭ Golfer0011


    Finally my vetting has arrived. Ml position 570-580. Never know might make it in the next calls with a bit luck


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ Doesany1know


    They've started ðŸ˜


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ RDC1234


    They've started ðŸ˜

    Do you know what numbers?


Advertisement