Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to charge for gig?

Options
  • 29-01-2019 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there. I've been gigging in mayo for quite some time now. The going rate there is between 150-180 a night for 2 hours. I'm gigging this week in Galway city it's my first time gigging up here and was just wondering what the rate is up here? Is it the same as back home? TIA cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you’re travelling up and back every day, add the costs. If you’re staying over add the costs. Your fee is your fee. Expenses vary. Also charge for the time travelling. If you’re spending a few hours travelling, that’s time out of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

endacl wrote: »
    If you’re travelling up and back every day, add the costs. If you’re staying over add the costs. Your fee is your fee. Expenses vary. Also charge for the time travelling. If you’re spending a few hours travelling, that’s time out of your life.

That's OK for "name" artists ... but your average gigging musician takes the gig on a fee basis. It's not up to the venue to cover the costs of you getting there and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

RayCon wrote: »
    That's OK for "name" artists ... but your average gigging musician takes the gig on a fee basis. It's not up to the venue to cover the costs of you getting there and back.
    It is when I’m playing. I’m not a “name” artist either. I’m a guitar player for hire. What’s the point in taking a fee if you’ve to spend half of it on food/fuel/accommodation?

Advertisement