Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy with Mate 20 Pro...battery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's to determine whether one of the apps you installed is causing the drain.....

Nothing weird. Facebook. Instagram. Fitbit, an email app,Reddit,Whatsapp, Amazon Shopping, thats it really. My FitnessPal,BOI mobile..... nothing that would explain such poor battery.

No games, nothing much else,the Aldi app, surely its normal to install some apps

dragona wrote: »
    Nothing weird. Facebook. Instagram. Fitbit, an email app,Reddit,Whatsapp, Amazon Shopping, thats it really. My FitnessPal,BOI mobile..... nothing that would explain such poor battery.

No games, nothing much else,the Aldi app, surely its normal to install some apps

It is normal to install apps, but you're having abnormal drain. If your phone doesn't drain like crazy without any third party apps installed, then your issue is probably software rather than hardware.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't ever install apps, but it's worth putting in a little effort to see if you can fix your issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

dragona wrote: »

Get rid of myfitnessPal would be my first piece of advice.

A notorious battery drainer. Just google the app and you will see nothing but complaints.

Test the phone again for a day without it and you will see a big improvement. I'm pretty convinced this is it.

If it is that application then re-install and google how to fix the battery drainage issue or get rid of it alltogether. Could be issues with your version of Android and the model of the phone.

That's what I 100% reckon it is. Are you in an area with full 3G or 4G coverage also.

turdball wrote: »
    Get rid of myfitnessPal would be my first piece of advice.

A notorious battery drainer. Just google the app and you will see nothing but complaints.

Test the phone again for a day without it and you will see a big improvement. I'm pretty convinced this is it.

If it is that application then re-install and google how to fix the battery drainage issue or get rid of it alltogether. Could be issues with your version of Android and the model of the phone.

That's what I 100% reckon it is. Are you in an area with full 3G or 4G coverage also.

Ok I'll uninstall. Had it before on my Htc U11 with no drain. I'm on Android 9, in Mullingar, seemingly great coverage. I'm really REALLY pissed off.

Well.....
    Battery life seems to be a bit better, I think.
    Spoke to guy in three shop, they would have to send phone away to determine if it is a battery issue.My word against theirs.I'm pretty sure they would say battery is fine, though I KNOW it's not

Some improvement after fiddling around with settings. Not sure what to do tbh.
    I have disabled a lot of auto launch apps, might have something to do with it.

Definitely disappointed though.I'm stuck with it for the next 24 months.

• Advertisement

They gave you the smart watch and charger in store then?.

As I am thinking about buying the mate 20 Pro and the sales told me they are not doing it now

Don't think it is still available :( Apparently I got the last *bundle* in store, in Mullingar. Was told the offer ended long ago, guess I was just lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Thanks I called 2 stores in Cork with no luck so need to luck outside the city now ha

Just to update. I have spent an AGE fiddling with settings,manually managing apps, and battery life appears to be better.
    Il see in a few days I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

Just tell three shop the battery is ****ed and let them send it off for a new battery if still not happy

Advertisement