Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotCE - To the Lakes

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Heta inwardly shudders, 'I don't know, they started knocking just now while I was trying to rouse you. Shall I open it? I thought you had a man outside?'
    "As did I..." he says angrily "...hold on"

He steps up and opens the door to Alexander.

"Yes? Can I help you?" he says giving Alexander a hard stare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Heta subtly moves the briefcase back to the bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Fourier wrote: »
    "As did I..." he says angrily "...hold on"

He steps up and opens the door to Alexander.

"Yes? Can I help you?" he says giving Alexander a hard stare.

Alexander considers the man in front of him and the rather hard stare. This is a man used to getting his own way. Orders won’t work unless it can be backed with force, self interest is what drives a man like this:

Alexander draws to his full height and shifts slightly forward, ensuring that Jan’s official uniform is visible while subtly positioning a toe at the door

“Good evening Mr Fawkes. We have a situation, a man has been killed”

Fawkes lack of obvious shock is interesting. The brief implied Fawkes company employed bloodroot in the past. Time to shake things up a bit

“We have evidence of at least TWO insurgents on the train possibly more. Some train systems have been compromised and we believe that you or your company may be the target. Your safety, and the safety of the other passengers, is of course paramount. Have you noticed or been involved in any unusual events tonight.”

Alexander’s gaze deliberately rises to the throbbing bump on Fawkes head

Fawkes bits his lip slightly, looking worried.

"There was some kind of incident on the roof, it sounded like thumping. Has that been investigated?

Regardless, that does concern me greatly. Many have tried to hire me away from Clarkson, but I never considered an attempt on my life..."

He thinks.

"...Sorry dear..." he says turning slightly toward Heta "...I'll have to meet with you later, this might be serious"

Fawkes bits his lip slightly, looking worried.

"There was some kind of incident on the roof, it sounded like thumping. Has that been investigated?

Regardless, that does concern me greatly. Many have tried to hire me away from Clarkson, but I never considered an attempt on my life..."

He thinks.

"...Sorry dear..." he says turning slightly toward Heta "...I'll have to meet with you later, this might be serious"

Alexander considers Fawkes response. Self preservation is high on Fawkes list, time to work on that...

“The incident on the roof is part of the events we are currently dealing with. There appears to be extremely well trained individuals involved based on events so far. We are taking all possible steps to ensure passenger safety

Mr Fawkes, is there any reason you would be targeted? In these circumstances its important we know exactly what we’re dealing with here if we’re to keep you safe?”

Alexander places a slight emphasis on the word safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Heta realises she needs to stay close to Fawkes to observe the effects of the *shudder* skin sample he injected. She adopts the scared nervous persona and clings to Fawkes' side. "I think I'd be safest here with you Stephan, can't I stay? I don't understand what's going on and you're the only person I know on this damn train'. She allows her eyes to fill just a bit with tears and gazes pathetically up at Fawkes (whilst inwardly rolling her eyes at the act)

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Heta realises she needs to stay close to Fawkes to observe the effects of the *shudder* skin sample he injected. She adopts the scared nervous persona and clings to Fawkes' side. "I think I'd be safest here with you Stephan, can't I stay? I don't understand what's going on and you're the only person I know on this damn train'. She allows her eyes to fill just a bit with tears and gazes pathetically up at Fawkes (whilst inwardly rolling her eyes at the act)

Alexander notes this is the same young woman who was being flirty with the guard earlier. That will be Heta so...

He also notes that the sight of the attractive young woman has made Jan’s jaw open wide enough to capture any flies in the vicinity

tritium wrote: »
    Mr Fawkes, is there any reason you would be targeted? In these circumstances its important we know exactly what we’re dealing with here if we’re to keep you safe?”
    "I do possess valuable company property, but few would undestand what it was. Even then they'd need my knowledge to use it, I can't see them killing me"
    OOC: Deception gets you this

"Of course...I understand, it's a strange situation. You can stay here, I'll get one of my men to get you dinner...if I can find one of the idiots. It'll be the last order they get before I fire them"

"I do possess valuable company property, but few would undestand what it was. Even then they'd need my knowledge to use it, I can't see them killing me"

OOC: Deception gets you this

"Of course...I understand, it's a strange situation. You can stay here, I'll get one of my men to get you dinner...if I can find one of the idiots. It'll be the last order they get before I fire them"

“Mr Fawkes, one man is dead- slaughtered actually, two more narrowly escaped with their lives. I need to know if anything you have with you is going to endanger the safety of people on this train further

I also need to know many men do you have and when did you last see them all? Can they be trusted?”

-The concerned tone is for both Fawkes and Jan’s benefit. Alexander wants to keep Fawkes uncertain, while Jan’s loyalty to the passengers and the train may yet be important

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

2 week pause for intermission right? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Jacques awoke from what seemed to be a month long sleep, and thought a stiff drink might help calm his worries that he might have missed a lot. He got up and ordered himself and one of his male companions a drink. He couldn't quite remember the chap's name, things were still a bit hazy.

Advertisement