Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Did I just hear D'arcy recommending a pizza?

Was it a porridge pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He had half a glass of beer at bloom. Jesus he really pushed the boat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Did he buy any plants.? No but he got a truck load of freebie's

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

sligojoek wrote: »
    He had half a glass of beer at bloom. Jesus he really pushed the boat out.

Did he really say that:pac:

Michael Lester

This is your life. Because raymond hasn't got one.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭Crusty Jocks

Michael Lester

This is your life. Because raymond hasn't got one.;)

I'm don't blame you for spelling it Lester as that's how Ray, ever the pro, kept pronouncing it. Hadn't the faintest idea who he was I'd imagine outside of the GAA guy when he sees Kildare once a year get thrashed in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,609 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Everyone that I ever heard pronounces it Lester. Including Lyster himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭TheDavester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Field east

Horse84 wrote: »

How many classes are out there? So to begin there the:-
    (1) Working class
    (2) Non working class -those lay-abouts, good for nothing gougers/spongers???

(3) blue collar workers - different from no 1 above ?.
    (4)????
    I am still tickled as to what the non working class- WHO HAVE A JOB- be it chief executives, supervisors, solicitors , doctors,, etc, etc ,etc do if they are not working. Is being responsible for large budgets, people’s lives, managing tens ++++ of staff, work /product standards , etc,etc. not classed as real work!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭goochy

he might be an old head on young shoulders in that hes a boring old fart , but its nothing to do with him having common sense

He missed out on medicine by ONE point. Thanks be to goodness, could you imagine Dr Darcy performing your brain surgery! Just shows, after scoring that highly in leaving cert, he retained nothing of it. If he really did want to do medicine there have been for a good number of years now other routes into it, like doing it as a follow-up degree after doing something science based, mature student etc. Also doing it in Hungary, for example.

He missed out on medicine by ONE point. Thanks be to goodness, could you imagine Dr Darcy performing your brain surgery! Just shows, after scoring that highly in leaving cert, he retained nothing of it. If he really did want to do medicine there have been for a good number of years now other routes into it, like doing it as a follow-up degree after doing something science based, mature student etc. Also doing it in Hungary, for example.

I'm sure you need basic technology skills to go into any medical field. This alone would rule the klutz out,along with his boring bedside manner,lack of empathy and his stupid laughing at anything.

There was a lady on Darcy this afternoon who was speaking of her daughter’s tragic suicide, after being bullied. She said she and her husband had 6 children, and they always bought a brand new car for each child once they turned 17. Described the girl who took her own life as a normal teenager, no saint, who spat at a Toyota Yaris in the showroom window as it would not have been good enough for her; they had to find a smarter model that might suit her. Her death is absolutely tragic, but I cannot imagine I would have appreciated much in or about life had I been handed such luxuries at a young age on a plate. Bullying is never right, but I can begin to understand how it might have happened. If it were the case she had been given much more than her class mates and peers it would have aroused envy and that can have an ugly face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I'm sure you need basic technology skills to go into any medical field. This alone would rule the klutz out,along with his boring bedside manner,lack of empathy and his stupid laughing at anything.

I think he may well have made a good doctor. I think I would have made a good doctor had I gained enough points for med.school. The only qualification required for entry to the medical profession is to possess a level of academic brilliance that is possessed by one per cent or less of the school leaving population. Empathy, compassion, sensitivity, dedication and aptitude - none of these attributes is deemed necessary, it seems. Is it any wonder there are so many bad doctors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

He missed out on medicine by ONE point. Thanks be to goodness, could you imagine Dr Darcy performing your brain surgery!

He would amputate the wrong leg and then blame it on the nurses, saying it was their idea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭Crusty Jocks

He missed out on medicine by ONE point

Did he say as much? He was in the old system of where I think 28-30 points was max. I would find it very heard to believe he got anywhere near this, purely based on how inarticulate and ill-informed he is about basic worldly issues. This coupled with spending the majority of his life in front of a mixing desk which he can’t manage either. Whatever about grievances about D’arcys personality, he doesn’t seem very bright or talented, a point off qualifying for medicine back in the 80’s does not seem very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Missed medicine by a point ???

I'll have to take him at his word, because I know he wouldn't lie or make wildly outrageous claims.

Just like the time he said he would emigrate if Enda Kenny became Taoiseach, and true to his word, Ray D'arcy immediately .......... oh wait,sorry.

:rolleyes:

He's full of sh1t.

Did he say as much? He was in the old system of where I think 28-30 points was max. I would find it very heard to believe he got anywhere near this, purely based on how inarticulate and ill-informed he is about basic worldly issues. This coupled with spending the majority of his life in front of a mixing desk which he can’t manage either. Whatever about grievances about D’arcys personality, he doesn’t seem very bright or talented, a point off qualifying for medicine back in the 80’s does not seem very likely.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Can’t imagine him lining up with all As and Bs in honours English, Maths, Irish, Science subjects, a foreign language, Business Studies etc. or if he did he got brain damaged in the meantime.

• Advertisement

Porridge will do that to you !!:)

'I cut the wrong vein there. Ha Ha. Heart and brain say "no". Heart and brain. d'ya get it? Heart and brain. Ha Ha . Ah well, I dunno, We'll go to an ad break. Cut. I didn't mean cut the nerve. I meant cut the recording. Not my fault. Ha Ha '

sligojoek wrote: »
    'I cut the wrong vein there. Ha Ha. Heart and brain say "no". Heart and brain. d'ya get it? Heart and brain. Ha Ha . Ah well, I dunno, We'll go to an ad break. Cut. I didn't mean cut the nerve. I meant cut the recording. Not my fault. Ha Ha '

Put the Jameson away :)

Glass.
    Bottle.
    1 lump of ice.
    *Swig, "Thank you , nurse.".
    Scalpel.
    What the fuck is all that red stuff?

Not my fault Not my fault.

Bushmills, if you must know.

Day off tomorrow.

I'll expect a report on
    Rise 'n time
    Morning Sickness
    Tubbers does the Whest
    Sean the Zurk
    And a smattering of news whispers programmes

On my screen by 12.01 sharp..
    Enjoy your sore head.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭goochy

have to say the girl who commited suicides mother didnt impress me , shes from a rough part of cork and seemed to have alot of the bad qualities of lower class people who get a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭mountain

Jesus wept

Is he so bad with his money that on 450k a year he can’t plan for the future?

He’s a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,103 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What kind of house has he that he couldn't afford the mortgage on €450,000 every year?

Advertisement