Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

Has he ever considered that he might be "othered" because he's an insufferable pain in the h0le?

I had to laugh when he said he first knew he was gay because he didn’t like football and preferred girly pursuits. That must puzzle the majority of gay men who like to do all the stuff men like to do. He may as well say “ well, Ray, I always felt like a Carry-On stereotype, that’s how I knew I was one”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I had to laugh when he said he first knew he was gay because he didn’t like football and preferred girly pursuits. That must puzzle the majority of gay men who like to do all the stuff men like to do. He may as well say “ well, Ray, I always felt like a Carry-On stereotype, that’s how I knew I was one”.

Ooh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Has he ever considered that he might be "othered" because he's an insufferable pain in the h0le?

Didn't hear the interview. WTF is "Othered"?

I'm getting too old for this new terminology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ray mentioned a re-enactment on Radio with Jenny of “that” restaurant scene on When Harry Met Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

sligojoek wrote: »
    Didn't hear the interview. WTF is "Othered"?

I'm getting too old for this new terminology.

I thought that was a typo and just a b was omitted. But apparently 'othered' is a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Why is it such a big problem for Ray that women are drinking a lot? They're still drinking less than men are.

This is crying out for a competition, a drinking competition.

I thought that was a typo and just a b was omitted. But apparently 'othered' is a thing.

Can you google it? I'm afraid to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Didn't hear the interview. WTF is "Othered"? I'm getting too old for this new terminology.

It's a new minority group that he invented for himself to give his victimhood some originality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Another "telling the Minister how to do their job" rant, iced with the usual sarcasm. Ray, you can't even hit the buttons on the mixing desk, what exactly makes you think that you have the abilities to advise anybody about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭goochy

well said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,102 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I flicked past his show today and briefly heard him say, "would you come on to the TV show in September?"

Surely Rte aren't letting him back on the TV?

They cut his show short it was that awful.

Now is the chance to ditch it,please don't start another season of it. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Cut it by a couple of months but presumably didn't cut the salary. Tiernan far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I think they brought him back a few weeks earlier and they are "making it up" to him by finishing up earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭TheDavester

amlinopta wrote: »
    Cut it by a couple of months but presumably didn't cut the salary. Tiernan far better.
    a mute who just sits there for 2hours would be a vast improvement on D'arcy

Large viewer/listener figures don't make a show any good , Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Large viewer/listener figures don't make a show any good , Ray

Not in his mind though SJ.

Religion in schools. Here we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Religion in schools. Here we go.

At least he's consistent.

13 minutes of pontification so far ;)

Farcy and Kyle have a lot in common:) :)

• Advertisement

Bit of Shane and Sinead.

All is forgiven for 4 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

How much will it cost, did she say?

Rays listenership of about 200k isnt anything to write home about - put anyone Radio 1 at 3 pm and you would get close to that

Complains that he hasn't enough time to interview then has an ad at 16.27 ;)

Farcy on his butter box again today.
    Obesity
    School absentee numbers
    Banana eating

Programme should be called the farcy agenda

ur surprised that Farcy isnt doing fun - reckless things that might make him seem interesting ?

goochy wrote: »
    ur surprised that Farcy isnt doing fun - reckless things that might make him seem interesting ?

I live in hope.....,that the radio show will be axed,just like the TV one.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Why is it such a big problem for Ray that women are drinking a lot? They're still drinking less than men are.

They may be smaller than men, but still... Drinking less. I don't get the fixation with 'irresponsible' women alone.

Just doesn't strike me as a gender issue. We're all drinking too much, on aggregate.

We're drinking a lot less than we used to and a lot less than many other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Tony Slattery interview was enjoyable apart from the host

• Advertisement

Tony sounded very posh , maybe because he had irish parents i thought he would have been working class - think he said he went to Cambridge

Advertisement