Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I didn't cry

Options
  • 18-01-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

So I got married a few years ago and my wife still doesn't let it go that I didn't sob uncontrollably like "all other men who get married" (and no i didn't shed a small tear either) . Maybe I'm just a heartless disaster but I find it odd that people in general cry at weddings. Unless you're crying because you massively regret it of course.

I can't be alone in this, can I??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Cry me a river

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Women without Makeup

oLoonatic wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just a heartless disaster
    Or an attention seeker?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I cry at all weddings. Its a sad occasion, like a funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

So I got married a few years ago and my wife still doesn't let it go that I didn't sob uncontrollably like "all other men who get married" (and no i didn't shed a small tear either) . Maybe I'm just a heartless disaster but I find it odd that people in general cry at weddings. Unless you're crying because you massively regret it of course.

I bet if you could go back in time, you'd bloody cry now. She sounds like a right piece of work.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tell her not to try to apply arbitrary gender stereotypes to you, a self actualised individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I've been to rakes of weddings, at least 20 - not once has the groom wept, cried or sobbed uncontrollably.
    Tell the wife to get over herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

To actually answer you, I have never seen a man cry at his own wedding. Is your missus watching a bit too much TV maybe and creating these expectations?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A man should be stoic at the altar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I didn't sob uncontrollably
    Ask her did she notice all the heartbroken women sobbing uncontrollably as you got married.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I cry when I am invited to a wedding. So expensive and boring!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A man should be stoic at the altar

Gillette, the best a man can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

The only wedding where it is acceptable for a man to cry is The Red Wedding from Game of Thrones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Women without Makeup

my wife still doesn't let it go that I didn't sob uncontrollably like "all other men who get married"
    yeah, if they're phaggots.

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

yeah, if they're phaggots.

You're nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I've seen some men get a bit emotional right at the start but never actually seen any of them cry. Neither have I seen any brides cry either. Possibly getting a bit too much from TV shows and movies in regards the expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Only time I have shed a tear as an adult is my dog dying or immediate family

Find men that cry a little weird especially things like weddings, birth of their kids etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Tell her you never cry when you're happy. And when you married her you were the happiest you'd ever been.

Smmmmmooooooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

A legitimate reason for a man to cry at his wedding is when he thinks about what the whole thing is costing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Pfft, not a chance, the whole thing was a (very pleasant and entertaining) farce.

Now I will say that I got a weird rush of unexpected emotion when the little 'un popped out but still ne'er an actual tear shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

One of my brothers threw up with nerves getting to him at his wedding if that counts as an emotional reaction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

She watches too many soaps.

Also, op, I've got a feeling you'll need a divorce. You will be crying a LOT when the solicitor tells you how much it's gonna cost over the rest of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

I'd be crying too if I ever got married.
    Seriously for some poor misfortunes it was the worst decision of their lives.

Never got married and no intentions of either.
    Nobody would have me, and I wouldn't blame them either.

So op there's nothing wrong with not crying at your wedding.
    Because more than likely if you were happy out that day, you'd probably be accused of not taking the day seriously..
    You can't win with people like that.

You're in control of your own feelings and emotions, nobody else is and don't apologize....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ok got married and didn't cry. It didn't even cross my mind that I would get that emotional.

I love my wife and it was an amazing day but crying wasn't on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

pawrick wrote: »
    One of my brothers threw up with nerves getting to him at his wedding if that counts as an emotional reaction?

Anyone who is that nervous really shouldn't be getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I cried when my dog died but I certainly didn't cry at my wedding. Neither did she by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Cordell

You will cry, just give it a few more years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

No, I didn't cry at your wedding either OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I've been to dozens of weddings over the years, the one wedding where the groom cried (during his speech going on about how wonderful his bride was and how lucky he was to have married her), they separated three years later...........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

MarkR wrote:
    Tell her not to try to apply arbitrary gender stereotypes to you, a self actualised individual.

Or to anyone. I'm female and I didn't cry at my wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

pawrick wrote: »
    Those are the things people remember. Any fights.
    The rest is just a blur.

Advertisement