Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex Education - Netflix *Spoilers*

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Watched the whole season through. I very much enjoyed previous seasons but this was one the worst and most annoying seasons of a show I've ever seen.

Just re-reading some older comments.

Jesus Christ but Maureen was toxic this year. She wanted to be able to fu(k around all she wanted but started to get jealous when she heard that Michael was going on a date.

Then hears therapists tell him that he needs to cut off any lingering asperations, to be able to live a healthy life, and over she comes for a shag (but don't tell anyone Michael)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

3 episodes in and this season is a slog. It's like they literally ripped up the last 3 seasons, kept the main characters and put them in new - very unrealistic - environments. There's been a few good laughs but where the previous seasons managed to ground the craziness in mundane, sometimes depressing backdrop with real world challenges, this is a cartoon. A world where the school is a fictional queer paradise. And I get that it's catering for an audience there (no issue with the principle of that there) but it's completely lost the grounded reality of the first 3 seasons. Is it even a school... there was one scene so far in a classroom, everything else is yoga, gym, a common area, and a load of very obviously adults acting like adults while pretending to be 17. The O storyline is dull and frustrating AF too. It feels like they messed up the setup for the final season. Given the aging actors, it would have worked better with a time jump to college. The stuff so far between Adam and his Dad, and Otis and Ruby have been the only interesting parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The new school is farcical. They went totally overboard with the whole woke trans thing. Apart from that is was fairly good. Not as good as previous seasons but that was to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

just watched the lasat ep today. im not sure what i feel about it yet. all i can feel is disapointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just finished it there, found previous seasons better. I think they were trying to cover too many things this season. The whole O thing was ridiculous, I mean how was there no actual therapist on campus. The whole Maeve /Otis relationship could have been done better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

S4 got better towards the end, some good laughs at the funeral in particular. It explored some interesting topics, including teenage relationships and post natal depression - fairly entertaining, but definitely the right time to bring it to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Agree on the points with regards to the school setting. I understand using it as a basis for facilitating ideas and examining different minority groups, but **** me the characters were exhausting bores. I appreciate the efforts to really have representation, but divorcing it from reality just makes for empty pandering for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The weakest of all seasons, but I still enjoyed it.

Nice to see the Mr.Goff and Adam sort things out.

Meave was underused but her mothers death was definitely something I didn't see coming.

Otis came across mean spirited this season.

Eric becoming some new Prophet for God, also very out there and unexpected.

Liked how they approached Jean with postpartum depression. Tricky issues rarely talked about that affects so many mothers.

Always find Amiee hilarious. Brilliant character

Ruby's Road to redemption ended up pointless.

Honestly I could not give two fcuks about the new kids in the new school. Especially not for a final season of a show.

Also that school seems like an absolute nightmare to teach in.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Isthisthingon?

In the real world a school like that couldn't possibly function. You couldn't go 5 minutes without someone finding offence at something or other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The casting for Adam and his dad was absolutely insanely good.

Don't disagree with what you posted probably weakest season overall but still enjoyed it.

Advertisement