Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE2 +1

Options
  • 16-01-2019 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭

I had to rescan the telly earlier and I see a test card labelled RTE2 +1 and states that it will launch on 5th February. Happy days :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Unfortunately it is rather low res ..... so far at least. 544x576 px

Yet, it is good to see it nonetheless.

This seems to have reverted to a 2RN test card.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Must take a look at that again. It was definitely as described earlier but I suppose the best laid plans are open to change at various times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

As long as it isn't at the expense of News Now being dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    I had to rescan the telly earlier and I see a test card labelled RTE2 +1 and states that it will launch on 5th February. Happy days :)
    This seems to have reverted to a 2RN test card.
    Yup, gone back to the test card. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

muffler wrote:
    Yup, gone back to the test card.

And its carrying subtitles from RTE One so looks like testing aplenty in the background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

"Meanwhile, the minister has approved RTE plans to provide a new RTE2+1 television service as well as an extended 24-hour RTE One+1 service. Virgin Television had objected to these plans. RTE intends to make these services available on all platforms from February 13."

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/cashstrapped-rte-may-face-difficult-choices-bai-chief-37752315.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Geedoh

Don't see any sign yet of RTE2 +1 on Saorview yet, but RTE1 +1 is on now with full 24 hour epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Geedoh wrote: »
    Don't see any sign yet of RTE2 +1 on Saorview yet, but RTE1 +1 is on now with full 24 hour epg.

Same here in N. Ireland - I am receiving Clermont Carn but no RTE2+1 yet.

tototoe wrote: »
    "Meanwhile, the minister has approved RTE plans to provide a new RTE2+1 television service as well as an extended 24-hour RTE One+1 service. Virgin Television had objected to these plans. RTE intends to make these services available on all platforms from February 13."

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/cashstrapped-rte-may-face-difficult-choices-bai-chief-37752315.html

Feb 13:

Still no sign of RTE 2+1 on air.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They'll be all gone home for the day at this stage, this isn't happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's hardly only coming on at 7pm?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    It's hardly only coming on at 7pm?!
    Wasn’t that the plan anyway (7pm start)?

No sign of RTE2 +1. Too late I guess for today. Maybe extending RTE1 +1 hours was enough for today so tomorrow we live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Still no sign of RTE 2+1. Just rescanned and nothing new has appeared.

2rn has again gone to 250 from 51

saorview-channels.png

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

RTE +1 starts before 7pm now!!!!
    Oh joy of Joy's!!!
    All my prayers have been answered!!!
    🙄

Oh joy of Joy's!!!
    ��

Just Monday - Friday and not at weekends (check epg). But more importantly where is RTE2 +1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

RTE +1 starts before 7pm now!!!! Oh joy of Joy's!!! All my prayers have been answered!!! 🙄

Does that mean we'll have the Angelus at 7 as well now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

EPG now showing RTE1+1 on air all weekend, not just after 7pm. The original plan was to have it 24 hour except weekends but EPG contradicts that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh joy of Joy's!!!
    ��

Just noticed that. Had got used to nothing being on it before 7pm so never looked at it until after that time. Its about time. Its just showing the things that were on already not that hard to do surely although I have noticed certain programs would not be replayed on +1 like Nationwide or parts of the news or late late for instance as well as the programme that looks back over years gone by.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭cute geoge

What reason will nationwide ,late late show not be replayed on +1 .previously i have seen reeling in the years not replayed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Ten Pin wrote: »
    EPG now showing RTE1+1 on air all weekend, not just after 7pm. The original plan was to have it 24 hour except weekends but EPG contradicts that.

No, that was never part of the plan
     RTÉ proposes to extend the broadcast hours of the RTÉ One+1 channel up to 24hours. The minimum broadcast hours will be 06:00 to c02:00 daily, and will be an exact replica of the RTÉ One channel.

 RTÉ One+1 currently shares a broadcast channel slot with RTÉjr on the DTT Multiplex. In order to facilitate the new proposal, RTÉ One+1 will be decoupled from RTÉjr and both channels will be assigned their own 24 hour slot on the Saorview platform. This will have no impact on the RTÉjr service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

2rn has again gone to 250 from 51

Still on 51 on my HbbTV enabled TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭StreetLight

And still on 51 on my non-Hbb TVs.

Back again on 51 ..... what the heck are they doing? .....

saorview-channels2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭patsryan

Back again on 51 ..... what the heck are they doing? .....

saorview-channels2.png

Slightly off topic, but I presume the HD test card on 14 was the one used by TV3 / VM1 for a period before they ultimately decided not to go HD on Saorview?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Lyric FM is accompanying the 2RN test card on 51. I feel strangely nostalgic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭StreetLight

jrmb wrote: »
    Lyric FM is accompanying the 2RN test card on 51. I feel strangely nostalgic.

Change your TV audio setting on that channel to Irish and you'll hear Raidió na Gaeltachta. Change it again to Audio Description for a test tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Info now says "RTE2+1 Launching 19.00 19th Feb"

Advertisement