Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal county down

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Well played rcd last Friday. Beautiful day. No mats or dropping off fairway so delighted with that.
    Played off the yellow/forward tees.
    Honestly can't rate rcd above tralee/ballyb/waterville or lahinch.
    No spectacular holes imo.
    No holes along the coast so not as stunning scenery as I was expecting.
    Clubhouse is stunning mind.
    Will have to play it mid summer to truly rate it as rough will be more penalizing.
    Overall disappointing for a number 1 in the world course

I’m not sure I would put RCD into my top 10 in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

I’m not sure I would put RCD into my top 10 in the country.

I would have to agree. I was so looking forward to it but it was a major let down.
    Would add further doubt to how these rankings are done

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Well played rcd last Friday. Beautiful day. No mats or dropping off fairway so delighted with that.
    Played off the yellow/forward tees.
    Honestly can't rate rcd above tralee/ballyb/waterville or lahinch.
    No spectacular holes imo.
    No holes along the coast so not as stunning scenery as I was expecting.
    Clubhouse is stunning mind.
    Will have to play it mid summer to truly rate it as rough will be more penalizing.
    Overall disappointing for a number 1 in the world course

No spectacular holes? What about the 4th? 9th?
    13th?
    Ive only ever played it in summer time but find it as spectacular a course there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

No spectacular holes? What about the 4th? 9th?
    13th?
    Ive only ever played it in summer time but find it as spectacular a course there is.

13th is very good alrite. 9 and 4 are good holes wouldn't rank them as spectacular in my opinion.
    I suppose my expectations were very high considering it was ranked no 1 in the world.
    Personally I've played 5-10 courses in Ireland alone that I would rate higher

Advertisement