Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoC - Louisiana Woods

Options
  • 10-01-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Dayton had the taxi drop him off two buildings down from the warehouse whose address he'd gotten from the city directory.

Apparently a worker at the docks had seen something like what he had seen with Joesphine all those years ago. It didn't bare thinking about too much, he tried not to, but the boys description had been eerily similar. Not exactly the same, but...coworker romance, cheated on him, went to confront her new lover, only to find...

Anyway, here he was. In the rain. On some street along the docks in the Algiers. Some luck, he would have been moving on from New Orleans soon and then this struck.

Gary 'Galadriel' Burton had walked here, apparently this is where Joey was last seen. As big a name as Gary had made for himself in the Lousiana boxing circuit, he'd have never gotten his first big break without Gary. When Joey's sister said he was missing he had to help. Even more so given Joey's last call. "I'd lay low kid, they want you as well" Gary remembered him saying, though Joey had refused to elaborate.

Across the road he sees Dayton.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gary shoves his hands in his pockets and makes his way across the road to Dayton.

'You a friend of Joey's too? Gary's the name. They call me the 'Glittering Galadriel' in the ring - something about my movement, whatever - it's a media thing.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Joey? Don't know no Joey, pal. I'm just lookin for... Well I'll know it when I see it. Or don't see it. It complurcated. Wudden spect a punchbag like you t'understand. Say, don't I know you? Think I lost 5 bucks on you one time. Hogue. Dayton Hogue. Look...uh .. you know anything about anything hinky hereabouts?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    "Joey? Don't know no Joey, pal. I'm just lookin for... Well I'll know it when I see it. Or don't see it. It complurcated. Wudden spect a punchbag like you t'understand. Say, don't I know you? Think I lost 5 bucks on you one time. Hogue. Dayton Hogue. Look...uh .. you know anything about anything hunky hereabouts?"

'Hunky - ain't nuthin hunky but me that I know of. Well look, we're here now, I'm lookin' for someone, you're looking for someone.... what's say we take a look around?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Looking around this area of the docks there is nothing but a moored fishing boat, two office buildings and the warehouse. A turn then leads to the main street along the docks.

Joey had been last seen entering the warehouse.

Gary nods at Dayton and turns on his heels, making for the warehouse.

• Advertisement

Dayton harrumphs and nods, letting twinkle toes take the lead

Necro wrote: »
    Gary nods at Dayton and turns on his heels, making for the warehouse.
    Dayton harrumphs and nods, letting twinkle toes take the lead
    The warehouse has a large shutter door and above it two large windows and a logo of an oak tree or similar on the wall to the left of the shutter door. However as they approach Gary and Dayton notice two reasonably large men smoking in the alley beside the shutter door. The logo on their jackets matches that on the warehouse wall.

Fourier wrote: »
    The warehouse has a large shutter door and above it two large windows and a logo of an oak tree or similar on the wall to the left of the shutter door. However as they approach Gary and Dayton notice two reasonably large men smoking in the alley beside the shutter door. The logo on their jackets matches that on the warehouse wall.

Gary turns to Dayton.

'How you wanna handle this champ? Smooth talking? Brute force? Perhaps seduction... if you're into that kinda thing?'

Gary turns to Dayton.

'How you wanna handle this champ? Smooth talking? Brute force? Perhaps seduction... if you're into that kinda thing?'

Dayton takes his lucky coconut out of his pocket.
    "Lemme go talk to em, all nice like."
    He approaches, waving and calling "hey buddy! Hey - don't be..." He points to the coconut "....shy!"

Dayton takes his lucky coconut out of his pocket.
    "Lemme go talk to em, all nice like."
    He approaches, waving and calling "hey buddy! Hey - don't be..." He points to the coconut "....shy!"
    "Take a hike moron, warehouse is closed for the night, just the stock takers in there"

• Advertisement

"Take a hike moron, warehouse is closed for the night, just the stock takers in there"

'Moron... who you...'

Gary looks at the coconut.

'Never mind. Hey, you two fellas seen my friend around here? Goes by the name of Joey...?'

'Moron... who you...'

Gary looks at the coconut.

'Never mind. Hey, you two fellas seen my friend around here? Goes by the name of Joey...?'
    They smile at each other.

"Oh yeah, we seen Joey alright. You his little boxin' friend?

Joey owed a bit of money, so he got work here. Ain't seen him around lately. Guys inside might know, but...well you know...place is closed and all"

They smile at each other.

"Oh yeah, we seen Joey alright. You his little boxin' friend?

Joey owed a bit of money, so he got work here. Ain't seen him around lately. Guys inside might know, but...well you know...place is closed and all"

'Little...'

Gary looks in a window and smirks at his large frame.

'Yeah, I suppose you could say that. Maybe I could go inside, ask the stock takers about Joey. Being so... little... you won't have any trouble from me anyways, surely?

The coconut, I don't speak for though.'

"of course it's closed. We ain't here for in hours kinda business, capice? What is it, your first day? Now you wanna be a toothless doorman with a limp the rest of your life or you wanna show us in?

The doormen look at each other.

"Listen, scram yous two" one says reaching his hand into his jacket slowly.

'That better be a banana in your pocket mate. I'm not here to fight - I'm just looking for Joey. And you know him... so spill.'

'That better be a banana in your pocket mate. I'm not here to fight - I'm just looking for Joey. And you know him... so spill.'
    "I don't have to spill nothin'"

A pulls out a handgun slightly, enough to see the grip.

Ooc : sleight of hand - swap whatevers in his pocket with the coconut so it surprises him when he takes it out! Too much?

'Fine, Jesus - what is it with you security dudes and being trigger happy? Guns don't kill, people do, you know? I'll just leave....'

Gary backs up and looks for an alternative entrance.

Ooc : sleight of hand - swap whatevers in his pocket with the coconut so it surprises him when he takes it out! Too much?
    OOC: He'd notice you coming close enough to do it
    Necro wrote:
    'Fine, Jesus - what is it with you security dudes and being trigger happy? Guns don't kill, people do, you know? I'll just leave....'

Gary backs up and looks for an alternative entrance.
    Backing up Gary notices that the office to the left of the warehouse has a window that is at equal height to one on the warehouses left wall. The distance between them seems like it could be jumped.

• Advertisement

Gary wanders off whistling lightly, hoping Dayton will notice. He makes for the office, trying to see is it out of sight of the guards.

Gary wanders off whistling lightly, hoping Dayton will notice. He makes for the office, trying to see is it out of sight of the guards.
    It is. The office itself is locked, though it has no security.

It is. The office itself is locked, though it has no security.

Gary has a look around for any ajar windows. If there are none, he lightly tries to force the door.

Dayton frowns and puts his coconut away, nodding at the thug to reciprocate. "To be continued! Hey, how comes a big guy like you needs heat like that on a dock like this? Seems a soft word and a hard look would keep out mosta da... ****!"
    He looks around for Gary
    "Ok now Im looking for two guys."

Gary has a look around for any ajar windows. If there are none, he lightly tries to force the door.
    The door gives way under Gary's titanic strength. It makes a slight sound, but not enough to be heard at the warehouse.

Dayton frowns and puts his coconut away, nodding at the thug to reciprocate. "To be continued! Hey, how comes a big guy like you needs heat like that on a dock like this? Seems a soft word and a hard look would keep out mosta da... ****!"
    "Cause anything, of any value, can come through this warehouse pal. Now get lost"

The door gives way under Gary's titanic strength. It makes a slight sound, but not enough to be heard at the warehouse.

Gary peers into the office, looking for any sign of an alarm system

"Cause anything, of any value, can come through this warehouse pal. Now get lost"

"That's all I needed to hear. You stay outta trouble now, Cochise."
    He walks away, whistling, tries to remember where he heard the tune he's whistling, then realises the other guy was whistling it a minute ago and tries to follow the route he thinks he took.

Gary peers into the office, looking for any sign of an alarm system
    There's none.

He enters, it's a typical pen pusher office. Piles and piles of paper, records and so on, it seems they do insurance for dock companies. There are six desks in an open plan office and a proper enclosed office as well. A set of stairs lead up to the next floor.

8wzCcg.jpg

• Advertisement

There's none.

He enters, it's a typical pen pusher office. Piles and piles of paper, records and so on, it seems they do insurance for dock companies. There are six desks in an open plan office and a proper enclosed office as well. A set of stairs lead up to the next floor.

Gary searches a few of the desks for anything of note. He waits for Dayton whilst doing so.

Advertisement