Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy Neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Conrad83

The noise has definitley reduced a lot. There was a party on Monday night which was exceptionally loud and there is still noise on the balcony but not as bad. I assume the mgmt company wrote to them but they never came back to me to update me either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Conrad83 wrote:
    The noise has definitley reduced a lot. There was a party on Monday night which was exceptionally loud and there is still noise on the balcony but not as bad. I assume the mgmt company wrote to them but they never came back to me to update me either way.

I would make a complaint each and every time if I were you. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cash_Q wrote: »
    I would make a complaint each and every time if I were you. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

absolutely do. Keep a record and send a copy regularly to the management or they will think all is OK and it will revert to very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BexieB

I had / have quite noisy neighbours. Students who speak a full volume and music in the early hours of the morning. Spoke to landlady and a least the music stopped but voices continued. Was looking in sound insulation which was running into thousands, but I was seriously considering it. Anyway, my friend suggested using white noise. I was skeptical but tried it out. I was amazed. It completely drowned out their jabber. I had the volume very high to drown them out and thought I’ll never be able to sleep with this. But I nodded off quicker than usual. My sleep quality is so much better now and I use it even when they’re not there. There’s loads of white noise Apps, YouTube vids or even actual machines. Highly recommended, definitely worth a go for anyone whose sleep is being affected by noisy neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Conrad83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

I don't even know the number of their apartment to call up to them. We are ground floor and they are above us. The alternative I guess is to pop out to our balcony when they are out there and ask them to keep it down (politely).

It is so frustrating and I don't see how they couldn't realise how loud they are being. They were out sweeping their balcony at 9am last Sunday morning ffs. We said we would give them the benefit of the doubt for the first couple of weeks with it being Christmas etc and we thought the loud banging could be putting new furniture together with moving in. They are constantly out on their balcony at all hours of the day and night I don't know if they ever sleep!!

We are fed up now though and would like it nipped in the bud whatever way that may be.

What’s wrong with sweeping at 9am?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 BexieB

ted1 wrote: »

I agree ted1. But the trouble with noisy neighbours is they can make you hypersensitive to noise at anytime of day. This happened to me. When they moved in first it was loud voices/ music past midnight. After talking to landlady the music stopped, but the odd time it would be on at 10pm. This did annoy me but I also realised that this was my issue. There are no ‘quiet hours’ regulations for domestic noise in Ireland, so I use the regulation on sounding a horn as reasonable measure of when residents should expect relative quiet. These hours are 1100 pm to 7 am. I only report to landlady if noise is excessive during these times.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

ted1 wrote: »

Have a read. The OP isn't too concerned about the sweeping anymore. The shouting and parties all night are more his/her concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I would complain and complain and complain until their landlord has a pain in their head and gets rid of them before the 6 month mark (when they can be got rid of). You could have them forever otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

Conrad83 wrote: »
    I have no idea! I'm not sure if they are Spanish, all I know is they're not Irish and there seems to be a good few people up there. Definitley don't appear to work anyway. They were out on the balcony the other night at 4.30am and again at 7am. They seem to be out there for ages too, not just for a smoke for example. Whatever is so exciting about their balcony that they spend so much time on it!

Might be an AirBnB rental?

Advertisement