Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you reckon will happen

Options
  • 08-01-2019 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭

Are there technology changes that are going on and there are things are probably going to happen. Not wild outlandish things but I can see there being a point where people grow human flesh in a lab to eat. It will be illegal but still will happen. Anybody else think of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They'll be app and it will tell you if your pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Brain interfaces will effectively give people simple telepathy by sending text messages to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

What kind of a time frame are we putting on this?

I'd love if teleportation become a real thing at some point.

Also if we could somehow learn things without having to read/watch anything. Like, you just take a pill and suddenly you know all about Plato's philosophy or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hologram projectors for phones. No more lcd screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Pat Kenny will contract Hep C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

An app that will get you pregnant. They could call it 'Pregnr'.

RWCNT wrote: »

Teleportation will never happen, however being able to remotely connect to a human drone is more likely. Send a robot somewhere and control it virtually as if you were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The machines become self aware, and in the panic they try to pull the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There was a machine at that technology show in the USA today that folded all your clothes without having to be asked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They will!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Wearable AI enhancement.

And even surgeries to make the AI equipment sub-dermal, so no leaving it at home or forgetting it.

You'll be able to photograph and use calculator apps. Without reaching into your pocket.

Brain integration ... ok that will happen too , just a bit farther down the road.

But in the mid future, just a hard enough squint of the chosen eye and you've got a photo.

Uploading of your info, not so sure. Maybe some kind of always on rfid/bluetooth.

OK Im not sure exactly how it will be done.

But basically whereas now only a rare few people have perfect memory or the ability to do extreme arithmetic, and the rest of us have to pull out our phones, that will change to joe/jane public just having to communicate with an internal accessory.

TL;DR A smartphone you never forget, and you don't have to fumble for.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Some sort of a chip inserted into head that could be scanned by doctors when ill ( wishful thinking) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'll poo later this evening I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

An app that requires you to piss on your phone. I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

The world will become a more tolerant place.

js35 wrote: »
    Some sort of a chip inserted into head that could be scanned by doctors when ill ( wishful thinking) :pac:

More likely it would be a sensor that monitors your blood, checking red/white blood cell counts, hormone levels, glucose levels etc. Possibly also some form of nano bots that embed themselves in your digestive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭moonage

A device for toasting bread—putting bread under the grill will become a thing of the past.

Police/emergency drones that have huge range/flight time to get to an incident within minutes and survey the crime/accident scene while the human responders are on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Brain interfaces will effectively give people simple telepathy by sending text messages to each other.
    Couple this with robotics and "the internet of things" we will also be able to move stuff by thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

An app that requires you to piss on your phone. I like it.

What kind of iPEE rating will that need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

My guesses are

1 Block chain technology (technology behind bitcoin) will end being being massed adopted

2 Crypto currencies themselves will start taking off and have a use but not a unique crypto currency like bitcoin but rather a government issued Digital euro or dollar or yuan or whatever and will remain under government control

3 Ireland to be cashless (more or less) by 2025

4 AI will rapidly increase by 2030 and we will fail to have proper regulatory controls or oversight

5 most banks will move to online banking and will have no people in a bank by 2025-2030

6 electric cars will be the majority activitly used in the western worls by 2050

That's all I can think of right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RWCNT wrote: »
    There are scientific and philosophical reasons why teleportation of people is never going to happen. Some kind of "surrogates" style system is a possibility though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

All the phones will be destroyed with p1ss

wally1990 wrote: »
    Ireland to be cashless (more or less) by 2025..

Ireland is already cashless since the financial crash/bailout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

rgodard80a wrote: »
    More likely it would be a sensor that monitors your blood, checking red/white blood cell counts, hormone levels, glucose levels etc. Possibly also some form of nano bots that embed themselves in your digestive system.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/wisconsin-company-microchip-employees-robots-artificial-intelligence-data-three-square-market-a7874486.html%3famp

Already been done. A number of articles about these chips being inserted into employees to monitor stress levels, blood pressure etc

The world will become a more tolerant place.

Don't expect much until we have a world government, solved fusion power/limitless green energy and eliminate the massive wealth differences between people. Unrestricted capitalism has bad impacts on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

That's taking the piss....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,356 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Muckka wrote: »
    That's taking the piss....

I should go on the Dragons Den with it. The Dragons could test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The pension and social welfare crisis will reach a head in 2030 and Europe will be plunged into a period of increased turmoil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Humphrey BoaGart

Trolling will be recognised as a profession. :pac:

Advertisement