Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wheels to buy for A4 racing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

H
    Trying to find the best lightweight set of wheels at bargain myself at the moment, ive come across cero wheels, these AR24 EVO's look very impressive for the price
    Have them myself for the last 2 years or so and very happy with them (but I’m a lowly sportive cyclist, not a racer). Would be tempted to buy a second set for the other bike at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i've got points and won races on these - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/pro-lite-bracciano-a42-alloy-clincher-wheelset/rp-prod167966?mx=a

im not a lightweight, and never had an issue with them, never had to true them. Trained, raced, turbo trainered on them too.

I did crash at a spin recently and broke a spoke but they are j bend spokes, so no problem getting replacements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

koutoubia wrote: »
    Budget?

This is the essential question and still hasn’t been answered. AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    H
    Have them myself for the last 2 years or so and very happy with them (but I’m a lowly sportive cyclist, not a racer). Would be tempted to buy a second set for the other bike at that price.

do they come in at the advertised weight? fantastic value tbf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

The previous version did, as did their AR30s. I had a pair of AR30s and couldn't fault them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    H

Didn’t actually weigh them to be honest, but they were definitely lighter than the DT Swiss wheels (R24 iirc) that came on my Canyon.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭awnow

This is the essential question and still hasn’t been answered. AFAIK

Sorry folks....budget €800-1000.

Advertisement