Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Consultation on NTA Implementation Strategy 2019-2024

Options
  • 07-01-2019 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Link here.

Public consultation open until February 1st.

Draft strategy seems completely Dublin orientated, no mention of Cork or Galway Busconnects, transport plans etc.

Dublin part looks good from what I can see, with the exception that they're fairly loose on the timing of electrification of the new DART lines. They're fairly loose on the timing of everything really, but I guess that's understandable given the length of time public consultation takes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

In their defence, the document is likely designed exclusively for Dublin, as stated in the intro:
    "The Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008 requires the Authority, following the
    approval of a transport strategy for the region by the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, to prepare an integrated implementation plan covering a six year period."

Just the usual confusion of Dublin/Ireland by a government body tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

In their defence, the document is likely designed exclusively for Dublin, as stated in the intro:
    "The Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008 requires the Authority, following the
    approval of a transport strategy for the region by the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport, to prepare an integrated implementation plan covering a six year period."

Just the usual confusion of Dublin/Ireland by a government body tbh.
    Indeed. The NTA have a different remit outside of the GDA and this isn't always made clear.

The main issue I have with that document is after reading the document, I wondered why I wasted my time reading it. There is nothing new or worth reading in there.

The lack of any sort of timetable for implementing DART Expansion is breathtakingly disappointing.

Advertisement