Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rigging and VHF repair

Options
  • 07-01-2019 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi

I have 3 VHF radios that need checking as I don't believe they are working.
    Does anybody know a good VHF repair guy in Dublin?

Also I am looking for a rigging guy to make up a couple of shrouds with swaged fittings.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

If the VHF is one of the big names like ICOM you could send them to the Manufacturers in the UK, or try yachtronics https://swords.yalwa.ie/ID_105702753/YACHTRONICS.html depending on how old they are it might work out cheeper to replace them.
    Sorry can't help with the swaged fitting but am sure some of the others can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

Masts and rigging over in turvey north county Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Thanks for the suggestions.

I called around and the general consensus is that radios are not really worth repairing these days as they are cheap to buy.

For the rigging I got a great service from the guys in Masts and Rigging in Duleek.

Advertisement