Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gay bar in Dublin

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Use your vote

pauliebdub wrote: »
    I went in as well for a look and i liked it though i still prefer street 66 and pantibar and dont see myself becoming a regular in pennylane. Its very small and rather expensive at 6:20 a pint. Staff similar to pantibar all young male Brazilian. The uniforms look a little strange mustard tshirts and dark green aprons. A lot of people stayed for one drink and then left. Hard to know if it will be a success.
    Charged E3.50 for a micro soda water - what used to be called a baby mixer, 125 ml I think.

Not encouraging repeat business there!

Noticed a slightly older age group there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

wakka12 wrote: »
    The hub dame lane

You might feel a bit past it at prhomo though, when I was around 22 I started feeling too old for it. I think Mother is a better night overall.

The Hub is not in Dame Lane, it's on Eustace Street in Temple Bar (where Mother, Prhomo and Sweatbox all have a night each). It's off Dame Street at the Apache Pizza corner. Dame Lane is a different location behind the Mercantile where Stags Head etc is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Charged E3.50 for a micro soda water - what used to be called a baby mixer, 125 ml I think.

Not encouraging repeat business there!

Noticed a slightly older age group there.

Is that not a standard mixer.

Mixers in general and bottled water, glasses of fizzy soft drinks are extortionate in Dublin.

The prices would put you off drinking them!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bec123

cgcsb wrote: »
    Prhomo Thursdays at the Hub are the cheapest.

From their facebook:
    DRINKS PROMOS
    €3 SHOTS Teq/Sambuca
    €4 Vodka Dash
    €4 Bottle Beers
    €7 Double Vodka Dash

Doors 11, Facebook list ’til 11.30
    Entry: €5/€7
    Music & booze ’til 3.

Babes... Phromo's been shut down for months. Love how knowledgeable about the scene that the gays on here are that there's been multiple posts about Prhomo on this thread since and no one's mentioned this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Bec123 wrote: »
    Babes... Phromo's been shut down for months. Love how knowledgeable about the scene that the gays on here are that there's been multiple posts about Prhomo on this thread since and no one's mentioned this yet.

Really? I wasn't aware. I do apologise and I promise in future that I will more enthusiastically genuflect to the scene queen gods. Lest I be publicly chastised for not having my finger on the pulse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Oh really? do you know why? Thats strange because it was always packed when I used to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I think I'll be heading to Dragon this weekend.
    Haven't been in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No need to slag people here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm actually quite surprised how very tiny it is. Licences are so expensive that nearly every pub in the city is bigger and I don't think there's any this small 'new' from the past 40 years or so

If the licence and fitout costs aren't hanging on them heavily this should be quite cheap to keep running. One major reason we've so few gay venues is that you usually go big to cover the cost of a licence and big venues need big crowds. Cities with cheaper licencing can have multiple smaller venues of different types and atmosphere much easier and often don't have a George size club

Advertisement