Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The RTE Player Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone got a fix for this adblocker nonsense on the rte player on a laptop. I don't have any installed yet it keeps telling me I do.
    EDIT: Using a VPN and have tried incognito mode and still getting the same errors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Anyone with webOS on an LG tv here? RTE player is completely broken for the past few weeks for me, ads play fine but then just get a "This service is having issues" message, if I click try again it just plays the ads (instantly and in perfect resolution) again before the same message pops up. Incredibly frustrating.

Already complained to RTE about it but just got some nonsense reply that my 150mbps internet is probably the issue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hopefully they'll sort things out.
    RTÉ 'committed' to improving Player after complaints about 'frustrating' and 'unusable' service

https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-player-complaints-2-4932320-Dec2019/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i just tried it on 3 browser,s . i downloaded the brave browser today .
    The player runs the ads fine, then it says security error.
    i ,m running windows 7 on a pc.
    This is the first time i could not use the iplayer .
    I,ll just watch the programs using another website .
    i,m not using an adblocker.
    the bbc iplayer would always work until a year ago.
    i think the bbc player requires users to be registered .
    i just watch bbc live using a website stream, not from the bbc.
    my internet speed is 50meg per second.
    there,s only a few programs i watch on rte anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I tried to watch the first episode of Vikings season 6 on the player, all was grand for the first quarter until commercial breaks, the series never resumed after the ads so I refreshed it and it went back to the starting. Stupid player. I ended up downloading it in the end, why it doesn't automatically go back to the episode I don't know, but it ruined legitimately watching the series as it doesn't explain what to do after the ads just sits there in the last froze frame. It takes me 2 or 3 minutes to download an episode as a torrent, RTE player is pretty useless.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

I tried it today on my PC, after I clicked on a programme it just came back with 'This programme cannot be streamed due to rights restrictions'
    Why in the blazes have they got the programme up if you cant stream it??

Another load of rubbish from RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Has anyone else noticed how it doesn't let you stream certain shows on certain platforms? Godfather of Harlem is available on its Android app, but not available on its LG TV app? And this is the updated red version of the app on the tv too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Fionn wrote: »
    I tried it today on my PC, after I clicked on a programme it just came back with 'This programme cannot be streamed due to rights restrictions'
    Why in the blazes have they got the programme up if you cant stream it??

Another load of rubbish from RTE!

What programme said that? And do you use a VPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Using Express VPN and having the same issue. I want to watch the Six Nations :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

will RTE player still work if i change my location to UK on my samsung TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dub_citizen

I live in Dublin, pay tv license, have broadband. I have a Samsung smart tv, 2021. it has RTE player app. I have a RTE account.

However I cannot watch the World cup matches live from app on the TV. They are not available. I have to put the match on my laptop and connect it to the smart tv to be able to watch it. Is there a workaround? Any advice?

The RTE player app on the tv doesnt have the same available programs as the Rte player site. What is the point of having it on the tv then?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Does anybody think it's odd that the first season of Kin has been taken off the Player? I asked and they said it's a rights issue - I thought RTE part funded this show?

Advertisement