Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roman Polanski's Based On A True Story (2017)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Found a version of this online, with English subs. Decent film, not near up to Polanski's best, but an above average film, which I enjoyed. At first you think it might be an
    erotic lesbian
    mystery-thriller, but it is just a mystery-thriller, and not the spoiler part. To some, the
    twist
    might seem
    obvious
    , but the journey getting there was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

How on earth do you release a Roman Polanski film in the current climate and make money?
    Its simple not possible for anyone in any sort of public position to support him now whether they privately are on his side or not. Or am I wrong?
    Most in the entertainment business do, along with the French, Swiss and Polish legal systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Eva Green doesn't seem to have much of a moral compass.

She’s also worked with Roman Polanski, on last year’s Based on a True Story. “It’s not a good film,” Green tuts. But did she have to think hard about accepting that job? “No,” she replies firmly. “In France he’s much better perceived than in America or England. He’s a god. In the [French] movie industry it’s always like, ‘you have to work with Polanski’.

“And he’s a nice man. I think it’s a bit different now that I know him, and I know his wife,” she says of the actress Emmanuelle Seigner, her co-star in the film, “and they have a different version [of the original story]… And it is a long thing and I don’t want to take sides. But people are complicated. You get the opportunity to work with a great artist... I don’t know, it’s a hard one. You sell your soul, I guess,” Green concedes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/eva-green-speaks-for-the-first-time-about-surviving-in-sexist-industry-a3961121.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Eva Green doesn't seem to have much of a moral compass.
    That's the great thing about morals, they're completely made up and don't mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's the great thing about morals, they're completely made up and don't mean anything.

Which allows some the notion that they can actually call out other people's "morals".

• Advertisement

I'm sure Eva's Michael Jackson collection is going strong too. I mean who cares if he slept with little boys, it doesn't taint his music in the slightest, and the way Michael told it, he really did nothing wrong...

Advertisement