Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

No.

So if a referendum goes against government opinion they can just turn around and change the law again

• Registered Users Posts: 23,208 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thank god democracy works. It makes sure the likes of Hermann, Casey and Gemma get no where near any power.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Thank god democracy works. It makes sure the likes of Hermann, Casey and Gemma get no where near any power.

No sh1t Sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 40,168 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Blueshoe wrote: »
    So if a referendum goes against government opinion they can just turn around and change the law again

You should really look at what was voted on before commenting. We voted to add the following to the constitution. I have bolded the part relevant to your question

1º Notwithstanding any other provision of this Constitution, a person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, who does not have, at the time of the birth of that person, at least one parent who is an Irish citizen or entitled to be an Irish citizen is not entitled to Irish citizenship or nationality, unless provided for by law.

2º This section shall not apply to persons born before the date of the enactment of this section

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

Yes. Instead we get stellar candidates like Frances Fitzgerald, Maria Walsh and.....you know what I can't even think of any more of the irrelevant spoofers by name.

• Advertisement

You should really look at what was voted on before commenting. We voted to add the following to the constitution. I have bolded the part relevant to your question

Is "unless provided for by law" or something similar depending on the topic added into every referendum?

A nice back door for undemocratic change if the vote goes against government wishes

ClintPower wrote: »
    Yes. Instead we get stellar candidates like Frances Fitzgerald, Maria Walsh and.....you know what I can't even think of any more of the irrelevant spoofers by name.
    Oh so democracy is bad then?

Is "unless provided for by law" or something similar depending on the topic added into every referendum?

A nice back door for undemocratic change if the vote goes against government wishes

Explain precisely how legislation being amended by the dail, on something that was voted on by the people with the proviso that the dail can subsequently amend it, is somehow undemocratic?

Explain precisely how legislation being amended by the dail, on something that was voted on by the people with the proviso that the dail can subsequently amend it, is somehow undemocratic?

People vote. Dail say no screw them. Turn it over

No democracy in that.

People vote. Dail say no screw them. Turn it over

No democracy in that.

The people voted. They voted to allow the dail to subsequently change it. the dail votes to change it. The dail is acting as we voted to allow them. So again i ask, what exactly is undemocratic about that? If you dont understand what democracy is just say so and we can move on but something does not become undemocratic just because they are doing something you disagree with.

• Advertisement

The people voted. They voted to allow the dail to subsequently change it. the dail votes to change it. The dail is acting as we voted to allow them. So again i ask, what exactly is undemocratic about that? If you dont understand what democracy is just say so and we can move on but something does not become undemocratic just because they are doing something you disagree with.

In my view that is not democracy. If a referendum was called on a particular subject then another referendum should be required if there is to be a change.

But as you have pointed out this is not the case. So be it. We just have to hope that those elected make the correct decisions for the country going forward

Makes you wonder why even bother with referendums in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

You'd be surprised I believe a large amount of people especially the working class are against immigration but no ones pushing it as an electoral issue and a large amount of the working class don't vote anyway. The likes of Kelly, O'Doherty and Peter O'Loughlin down in the South weren't elected because they didn't have the funding or the campaign and wasn't helped by RTE not having them on for the debate.

The only candidate that had an anti globalist anti immigration message with funding and public recognition was Casey and he came relatively close to getting a seat. So clearly there is some degree of an appetite there for politics that isn't nessecarily politically correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Stephen15 wrote: »
    The likes of Kelly, O'Doherty and Peter O'Loughlin down in the South weren't elected because they didn't have the funding or the campaign and wasn't helped by RTE not having them on for the debate.
    Gimme a break , the Irish know kunts when they see them. Those scumbags will never get elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

lbc2019 wrote: »

She shouldn't bother. None of us should.
    Survival of the fittest

Gimme a break , the Irish know kunts when they see them. Those scumbags will never get elected.

Is that a joke the same country that voted in Bertie, Brian Cowen, Albert Reynolds, Charlie Haughey and the likes but yet "know kunts when they see them". What makes you think the Irish are any different to the Americans who voted Trump, the Brits that voted Farage and Brexit, the French that voted Le Pen, the Spanish that voted Vox, the Gemans that voted AfD and the Italians that voted Salvini.

If mass immigration becomes a major issue which it will in the near future the Irish will start voting for anti immigration nationalist "far right" candiates. Just like what's already happened across Europe and the West where mass immigration is already an issue at the forefront. I would preferably like to see these candiates get elected in the next election to prevent mass immigration becoming an issue.

Is that a joke the same country that voted in Bertie, Brian Cowen, Albert Reynolds, Charlie Haughey
    All better than the sh1theads you and your ilk champion.

to the Americans who voted Trump, the Brits that voted Farage and Brexit, the French that voted Le Pen, the Spanish that voted Vox, the Gemans that voted AfD and the Italians that voted Salvini.
    All populist **** and showing themselves up for what they are...clueless scumbags
    If mass immigration becomes a major issue which it will in the near future the Irish will start voting for anti immigration nationalist "far right" candiates. Just like what's already happened across Europe and the West where mass immigration is already an issue at the forefront. I would preferably like to see these candiates get elected in the next election to prevent mass immigration becoming an issue.
    Dream on buddy....the fascist cockroaches that have wet dreams over this bollox will have to stay in their bedrooms posting sh1te on internet forums.

And if you ever do grow a pair and actually try organising something in RL Antifa will put manners on ye.

You'd be surprised I believe a large amount of people especially the working class are against immigration but no ones pushing it as an electoral issue and a large amount of the working class don't vote anyway. The likes of Kelly, O'Doherty and Peter O'Loughlin down in the South weren't elected because they didn't have the funding or the campaign and wasn't helped by RTE not having them on for the debate.

The only candidate that had an anti globalist anti immigration message with funding and public recognition was Casey and he came relatively close to getting a seat. So clearly there is some degree of an appetite there for politics that isn't nessecarily politically correct.

Ah yes Casey the ultimate "nearly" champion. He tried twice and failed twice yet is still the poster boy for the non PC.

Ah yes Casey the ultimate "nearly" champion. He tried twice and failed twice yet is still the poster boy for the non PC.

Not bad for a first timer entering politics I wouldn't be surprised if him and some NP and ACI candidates got elected to the next Dail. Altough I do think Casey is a Mé Feiner who goes with the wind and not a true Irish patriot.

All better than the sh1theads you and your ilk champion.

All populist **** and showing themselves up for what they are...clueless scumbags

Dream on buddy....the fascist cockroaches that have wet dreams over this bollox will have to stay in their bedrooms posting sh1te on internet forums.

And if you ever do grow a pair and actually try organising something in RL Antifa will put manners on ye.

In fairness antifa are a bunch of skinny nerds who hide behind masks because they are cowards.
    Iv seen more than a few videos of them getting the sh1t kicked out of them by trump lovers.

It's funny stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

lbc2019 wrote: »

Good lord, talk about in over your head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Not bad for a first timer entering politics I wouldn't be surprised if him and some NP and ACI candidates got elected to the next Dail. Altough I do think Casey is a Mé Feiner who goes with the wind and not a true Irish patriot.

If all the racists in the country moved to the same constituency, the far right might have half a chance of getting someone elected.

In fairness antifa are a bunch of skinny nerds who hide behind masks because they are cowards.
    And yet they are very good at putting manners on fascists.....

Iv seen more than a few videos of them getting the sh1t kicked out of them by trump lovers
    Not the Irish Antifa

And yet they are very good at putting manners on fascists.....

Not the Irish Antifa

Are you a member?
    Take down any fascists lately?

Go home to your mammy

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Are you a member?
    Take down any fascists lately?

Go home to your mammy

There are no members. There is no such organisation as 'antifa'. It's just a broad umbrella term for anti-fascist activities.

If all the racists in the country moved to the same constituency, the far right might have half a chance of getting someone elected.

i hear leitrim is nice

i hear leitrim is nice

bUKI6QRZPbMn.gif

• Advertisement

There are no members. There is no such organisation as 'antifa'. It's just a broad umbrella term for anti-fascist activities.

Nice compilation of them getting kicked around the streets in the Us

https://youtu.be/VfNP3qbF494

Advertisement