Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return of faulty graphics card

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

There are benefits to buying in a bricks and mortar store sometimes! I know there is better price and selection online but as you have proven, when things go wrong you can be left without much assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Brother bought WaterCooling parts off this company and had a problem with damaged fittings. Had no end of trouble from them when he contacted customer services. Got sorted in the end but they as much accused him of breaking it. He will never buy from them again and would never recommend them to anyone.

I have bought multiple times from them and never had an issue (fingers crossed)

Is goes to show that you really should decide how good a retailer is based on how they react when stuff goes wrong ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I had an issue with them taking payment for something that was apparently "out of stock" (but shown as in stock online), then flailing about refunding - they were trying to keep it as store credit, then suddenly finding they weren't out of stock at all. If it wasn't a semi-obscure product (Intel PCI Express network card for a job where the Realtek ones everywhere else sells were proving unreliable) I wouldn't have even considered them.

Back around 1999/2000 they had a great reputation. Amazing what higher sales volumes can do to what was a small enough retailer.

Advertisement