Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Ah ok, makes sense. They have apartments so was hoping that you could one of them for the night. I wouldn't be going with kids so I don't think I would like three nights, I would be bored by then. The spa does look amazing though, you can get a day pass so I think I will do that.

You can only get a day pass from somebody who's staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Plopsu wrote: »
    You can only get a day pass from somebody who's staying there.

No you don't. You can go to the spa as a day guest.

No you don't. You can go to the spa as a day guest.

You can buy a spa day but you would still have to be a guest at the park or a visitor on a day pass from somebody who is. That's my reading of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

You can buy a spa day but you would still have to be a guest at the park or a visitor on a day pass from somebody who is. That's my reading of it anyway.

I don't think so. They have a completely different website and there is no mention of center parcs or having to be staying there to book anywhere on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

No, i'm reasonably sure the Spa is open to the public, not just guests. It's near the exit area and car park, so you'd just park up and use it's facilities and obviously leave when you're done.

EDIT: From the Center parcs website: "Not staying at Center Parcs? You can relax at Aqua Sana anytime, visit www.aquasana.ie to find out more. "

• Advertisement

No, i'm reasonably sure the Spa is open to the public, not just guests. It's near the exit area and car park, so you'd just park up and use it's facilities and obviously leave when you're done.

EDIT: From the Center parcs website: "Not staying at Center Parcs? You can relax at Aqua Sana anytime, visit www.aquasana.ie to find out more. "

Reckon that settles it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭KaneToad

As a comparison, currently on a 20 night stay in a 5 star French campsite, beside ocean and staying in a nice lodge.

Family of 3 for 950. Ferry was 480.

It has rained once, well ground was wet one morning!

We are giving up another two days travelling at either end but I'll take that for the 29C until Friday!

Not everyone is a fan of hot weather. More than 20C and I go into hiding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

I'd love a massage! Never had one, thoughts of exposing myself and the detrimental affects on the other poor individual. That bamboo one maybe might be good enough. I've a muscle problem thing and am sick to death of foam rolling/ball rolling myself and the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sorry, more pool-based annoying questions!

I had a look at the map, and it looks like there is a cafe at the pool, for coffee, icecreams etc. What is the story with paying? Do you need to bring money into the pool area, or is it a system you can load up a plastic band with some credit and use that at the cafe?

Also, pool towels. Bring our own along, or do they supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

pwurple wrote: »
    Sorry, more pool-based annoying questions!

I had a look at the map, and it looks like there is a cafe at the pool, for coffee, icecreams etc. What is the story with paying? Do you need to bring money into the pool area, or is it a system you can load up a plastic band with some credit and use that at the cafe?

There was someone a while back saying you can rent towels for 2 euro or just bring your own

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »

Not much use in this one, as I only used the pool cafe/bar thing once and had my phone on me and used Android Pay. Did appear that they expected cash/card though, however there might be other options.

We brought towels with us but I stopped doing that because by the time I had the kids dressed I was dry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Booked three nights from Oct 18, we (two adults and 20 month old toddler) are going for a 'test' break, if we enjoy it as much as we hope to, will be going back for a full week next year hopefully. Went to Portugal this summer, stayed in a really lovely (but expensive) resort and while it was great, it was probably 1) too warm/sunny for pale Irish skin and 2) the whole process of travelling to and from a different country by air is just such hassle. Couldn't really face a long ferry journey either, which rules a lot of places out. Just hope that we enjoy it next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Centre Parcs are getting nailed with insurance premiums apparently, which won't help costs.

Are companies allowed self-insure i.e. keep a pot of money aside for claims?

As far as I recall, Supermacs did or used to do this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ToddyDoody wrote: »

I thought Dublin Bus do or did but I am not certain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭griffin100

Other than some very specific types of insurance (e.g. motor, some professional covers) there’s no legal obligation to have any insurance. You can operate a business without any insurance if you want. Proper self insurance usually means putting money aside to pay claims up to a certain cost, after which you have in place high level insurance policies which only pay out when claims get to a certain level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

griffin100 wrote: »
    Other than some very specific types of insurance (e.g. motor, some professional covers) there’s no legal obligation to have any insurance. You can operate a business without any insurance if you want. Proper self insurance usually means putting money aside to pay claims up to a certain cost, after which you have in place high level insurance policies which only pay out when claims get to a certain level.

I believe public liability insurance is mandatory in the (soon to be former) UK. I wonder are Centre Parks aware that its not mandatory here?

Correction: its not mandatory there, just much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭griffin100

I believe public liability insurance is mandatory in the (soon to be former) UK. I wonder are Centre Parks aware that its not mandatory here?

Correction: its not mandatory there, just much cheaper.

Employers liability is mandatory in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Hi. Is there shop to buy beer in like a fine wines or a centra . Heading there tomorrow. Maybe il bring up my own just in case.

Yes there is a shop with a reasonable selection of beers and wines - expect petrol station pricing however.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Hi. Is there shop to buy beer in like a fine wines or a centra . Heading there tomorrow. Maybe il bring up my own just in case.

15 euros for 8 cans of Heineken. Not overly priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

Did last Monday to Friday with a 1 and 3 year old and have to say it was great. We were very lucky with the weather but even with rain it would have been great.

Rented the bike trailer which was great for the kids and they loved being chauffeured around

Pool was very popular and spent a lot of time there

Ate out 2 nights. food was good and staff very accommodating

Would definitely return

One weird thing was the amount of school age kids there. We expected it would be all kids similar age to our own. Was there a mid term or something?

wally79 wrote: »
    Did last Monday to Friday with a 1 and 3 year old and have to say it was great. We were very lucky with the weather but even with rain it would have been great.

Rented the bike trailer which was great for the kids and they loved being chauffeured around

Pool was very popular and spent a lot of time there

Ate out 2 nights. food was good and staff very accommodating

Would definitely return

One weird thing was the amount of school age kids there. We expected it would be all kids similar age to our own. Was there a mid term or something?

No no mid term it’s just the norm for a lot of people to take kids out for a few days to go away.

salmocab wrote: »
    No no mid term it’s just the norm for a lot of people to take kids out for a few days to go away.

That is it then. Should probably be a rule saying places like center parks can’t accept school age children during term time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

That is it then. Should probably be a rule saying places like center parks can’t accept school age children during term time

Can't see a blanket rule like that working. What about home-schooled kids, or kids out of school due to long term illness etc.

I would think the onus should be on parents and schools to do something if it was needed not a service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

To be honest, that's the daftest thing I've ever read.

To be honest, that's the daftest thing I've ever read.

Why? When you register for your stay they take the ages of all kids involved so it would be simple for them to implement

I’m not saying the onus is on them now I’m saying it should be put on them and other service providers. Serious numbers of school kids there missing out on their education

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

In the UK they make it simple. If you take your kids out of school to go on a family holiday they fine you much simpler.

Why? When you register for your stay they take the ages of all kids involved so it would be simple for them to implement

I’m not saying the onus is on them now I’m saying it should be put on them and other service providers. Serious numbers of school kids there missing out on their education

I don’t think he was saying the mechanics of it were daft just the suggestion that hotels should police peoples school attendance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

salmocab wrote: »
    I don’t think he was saying the mechanics of it were daft just the suggestion that hotels should police peoples school attendance.

Exactly this.

Center parks target market is those people. They don't give a fiddlers if the kids miss school, they want heads in beds.

Advertisement