Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna bring my boat to blessington,

Options
  • 27-12-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey looking to bring my own boat to the lakes in blessington for fishing, i know to get a fishing permit but what about my boat is that allowed out up there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭SteM

Mickboy21 wrote: »
    Hey looking to bring my own boat to the lakes in blessington for fishing, i know to get a fishing permit but what about my boat is that allowed out up there ?

Pretty sure you need a permit from the ESB to boat up there.

https://www.esb.ie/docs/default-source/sustainability/boat-permit-application-2018

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It would have to be below 6hp for Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mickboy21

Thanks

fergal.b wrote: »
    It would have to be below 6hp for Blessington.

shes only 2.5

Seems to be yearly , is there no day pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Most of the boats are owned by members of the various clubs - and the warden is very vigilant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I'm surprised they allow any fueled boats if it supplies Ballymore Eustace Water Works ?

KK4SAM wrote: »
    I'm surprised they allow any fueled boats if it supplies Ballymore Eustace Water Works ?

Fuel from outboards isn't the worst thing that goes into the water with all the farms around the lake. The filtration system must be very good :D

JamesM wrote: »
    Most of the boats are owned by members of the various clubs - and the warden is very vigilant :D

I understand that they rent boats but I'm looking to bring my own boat

I understand that they rent boats but I'm looking to bring my own boat

Litterally looking to hook the trailer up bring her accros the gap launch her in for a few hours fishing and then bring it home is there a permit for such ?

• Advertisement

Litterally looking to hook the trailer up bring her accros the gap launch her in for a few hours fishing and then bring it home is there a permit for such ?

€60 is very reasonable for 11 months of the year. Would you really only use it once ?

€60 is very reasonable for 11 months of the year. Would you really only use it once ?

I've no problems payin the 60 if theres no waiting list or anything but the boat was only baught a couple of months ago want to clean it up for sea in the summer time and just cam accros a small engine and thought why not try it on a lake

I've no problems payin the 60 if theres no waiting list or anything but the boat was only baught a couple of months ago want to clean it up for sea in the summer time and just cam accros a small engine and thought why not try it on a lake

Depending on the size of boat, 2.5 might be a bit small for the sea, or is it just the backup engine ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

What type and size of boat is it, I don't think I'd be going to sea in anything with a 2.5 hp the tide and wind could be faster than you could push yourself along :eek:

Depending on the size of boat, 2.5 might be a bit small for the sea, or is it just the backup engine ?

Yep 2.5 is only the back up thats why i wanna bring her up blessington jus to get her out hoping to get a 30 hp by summer

What type and size of boat is it, I don't think I'd be going to sea in anything with a 2.5 hp the tide and wind could be faster than you could push yourself along :eek:

Just a back up or to get out on a lake will be getting a bigger one when summer comes for sea

Have no idea the make of the boat but she's fibre glass roughly 15 ft long at the max with a small cab

So the answer im getting is there is no day pass for bringing your own boat to blessington for the day

Advertisement