Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Armour sale @ Sports Direct website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Dropped €60. Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Is Under Armour now an Ashley "brand"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

theteal wrote: »

A what?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dingaan

theteal wrote: »

No, it's way too big to ever become an Ashley brand. You can rest assured the quality will be somewhat decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

CWF wrote: »
    A what?

A brand that used to be decent but now Mike Ashley owns it in one way or another and the products are not worth anything more than the "discounted" price that you'll very regularly see them at e.g. Dunlop, Lonsdale, Karrimor etc. In my experience it's usually these brands that see the biggest "discounts" in these sales. It's unknown to me if UA had joined this stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Under Armour are absolutely not owned by Mike Ashley.

They're no different than Nike, Adidas, Puma etc. A premium brand that Sports Direct stock but have no ownership in.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Any way to get free delivery?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

stuba wrote: »
    Any way to get free delivery?

It finished last night. Not aware of another way at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Under Armour are absolutely not owned by Mike Ashley.

They're no different than Nike, Adidas, Puma etc. A premium brand that Sports Direct stock but have no ownership in.

Might be in the league with Puma or Reebok but not Nike. The UA gear used to be good quality and decent looking but the quality have dropped and a lot of the stuff looks ugly and tatty. Too many lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

under armour are promoters of big game hunting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

Do you get an extra discount for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Might be in the league with Puma or Reebok but not Nike. The UA gear used to be good quality and decent looking but the quality have dropped and a lot of the stuff looks ugly and tatty. Too many lines.

Reebok are part of Adidas now if I remember correctly ,
    UA are solely American owned they went from niche military clothing to global sportswear company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Screw them so...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Cheers op.......just dropped 160 into that site 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 39 caiconafita

I bought a couple of items myself. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It seems to me that anything I've bought from sports direct is of lesser quality even if it's the same brand name and number. I've never bought anything in any of his shops that I was happy with. I don't purchase there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

eagle eye wrote: »
    It seems to me that anything I've bought from sports direct is of lesser quality even if it's the same brand name and number. I've never bought anything in any of his shops that I was happy with. I don't purchase there anymore.

I would agree. Even this under amour sale, the items are mostly very old stock, not great designs and in colours that don't sell well. Under amour is so hit and miss but when they do get the design and fabric right, it really is functional and comfortable to wear but it will never be on sale on Sports Direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

eagle eye wrote: »

This comes up regularly whenever sportsdirect is discussed and I always disagree. I've bought many different premium brands from sportsdirect and I've never noticed any lesser quality. The stock is definitely older for sure but from what I've seen quality is just the same as if you bought directly from the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

Just bought a few bits I didn’t need, pretty standard for a bargain alerts follower! Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

anyone still waiting for an email stating your order has been processed? I placed two orders Wednesday afternoon. But only got 1 confirmation email.

• Advertisement

Nope got my email saying its being processed no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

When does this end does anyone know?

Edit: Nevermind, can see the end date now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

I got an email a few days ago with an order number but the order isn't there in my account

I presume it's being processed,what are they like with delivery ATM?

Got another email today saying they'd removed 4 items due to no stock be interesting to see what happens next. Do they refund, offer credit or post when they get them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

racso1975 wrote: »
    Got another email today saying they'd removed 4 items due to no stock be interesting to see what happens next. Do they refund, offer credit or post when they get them back?

If you ordered other items they just complete the order with those items and your only changed for items sent.....from my previous experiences anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

racso1975 wrote: »

Exact same and they were the items I wanted most. Makes the postage and packaging being added in to the rest of it not that much of a bargain anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Same story here. 4 items cancelled from the order I placed. 2 items now shipping. Ridiculous carry on as they have listed the cancelled items as being "temporarily out of stock ". Well ship them when they come back in to stock....ffs

Same story here. 4 items cancelled from the order I placed. 2 items now shipping. Ridiculous carry on as they have listed the cancelled items as being "temporarily out of stock ". Well ship them when they come back in to stock....ffs

Stupid postage for 2 items. I originally had 18 items one was cancelled at checkout and the other 3 I got email about so don't mind the postage on 14 items and presumably it will cost them again when posting items if not doing refund.

Not to bothered about items as they were shorts for summertime so can wait if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

UA is cheap @ Amazon at the moment.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/under-armour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I ordered twice on Wednesday, only got the order has been processed email for the second order this afternoon.

Advertisement