Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making Ticketmaster tickets invalid

Options
  • 26-12-2018 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi all,

Before your read- yes I know I'm an idiot!
    Bought two tickets to a concert, then realised my other half had also bought tickets too. Put the tickets for sale on two "cost price" websites (this is where the issue begins). Essentially I forgot about them. Got an email one day from one of the sites to say they sold, brilliant. Then got an email today from the other site saying they sold- I totally forgot to take them down. :(:(
    The issue is that as they are eTickets, each customer has a set of the tickets. I have emailed today's selling website requesting that they inform the customer about the mistake and cancel the transaction. They are refusing to do this. What are my options? I feel so guilty. Can I get on to Ticketmaster to cancel the tickets? I don't care about the money lost, I really didn't intend to scam anyone!:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Larsso30

cestmoi2 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Before your read- yes I know I'm an idiot!
    Bought two tickets to a concert, then realised my other half had also bought tickets too. Put the tickets for sale on two "cost price" websites (this is where the issue begins). Essentially I forgot about them. Got an email one day from one of the sites to say they sold, brilliant. Then got an email today from the other site saying they sold- I totally forgot to take them down. :(:(
    The issue is that as they are eTickets, each customer has a set of the tickets. I have emailed today's selling website requesting that they inform the customer about the mistake and cancel the transaction. They are refusing to do this. What are my options? I feel so guilty. Can I get on to Ticketmaster to cancel the tickets? I don't care about the money lost, I really didn't intend to scam anyone!:(

Both buyers will turn up to gig with same set of tickets and only one will get in. You need to talk to the resale company. Cancelling the tickets with Ticketmaster will still leave both buyers out of pocket with tickets that don't work but they won't know this .....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Can you let both sales go through and refund the buyers yourself.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Must have also used another site as he wouldn't have put both tickets on the same site.
    Know nothing about ticketswap tbh but one way of solving it is to upload the tickets you have for yourself instead and then go and try to get tickets for yourself?
    Bit strange that when you sell a ticket, they transfer the money to you the next day, would have thought that would lead to a lot of abuse/fraud?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What tickets are they? Might be able to buy more and offer the new set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

OP what was the 2nd site you used?

• Advertisement
Advertisement