Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car damaged in car park (Tesco Finglas)

Options
  • 22-12-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi mods not sure if this is the right forum please move if it need be.

Hi All
    Want to rant really, so i got a new clean car last Wednesday 08 Passat, passed nct etc
    So today i was in Tesco Clearwater Finglas and parked in a normal spot at the end of a row, i came out to the car and noticed a big dent in passenger side panel
    Fuc***g fuming.

i went to security to see if they can find anything they said they would get back to me, maybe a blind spot, we will do our best blah blah.

Ill need to go to the Garda to report it if they have footage, data protection which is fair enough.

So what do i do, just take it on the chin?
    not worth going to insurance company

if it was you reading this you are just a low scummy fuk, no decency to you you horrible fukr.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

another angle of the damage.

I have had my other car for over 10 years and never a scrape on it.
    security just texted me and no joy the car was in a blind spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

same thing happen to me today
    In a super marker Supervalu in Askeaton Co. limerick
    Broken head light left side on my Skoda Superb elegance 2010
    Head light broken but still worKing
    Bumper heavy scratched. Seems to popped back in to shap.
    I have trouble tracking down the part.
    1ZS247047-11
    similar parts from 170 to 700 plus

Car park cameras did not catch it.

Too wet and dark to take pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That's tough.
    Some people have no scruples.
    If the appearance of the car is important to you take it to an independent body shop. Ask around to find who is good near you. Don't bother with insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

If you have a car and want to keep it well. Dont bring it to public carparks.
    Ignorant *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

kona wrote: »
    Ignorant *****.

Very practical !

• Advertisement

Etc wrote: »

Very practical !

Well thats the way it goes when the world is full of ignorant pricks.

Order online perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Ignorant *****.

Yes a bit late for OP but good advice.
    Kind of limits your use of the car though.
    I usually park well away from the action if driving something special. No embarrassment about taking 2 spaces either.

Its more the annoyance for me. I only have it a few days yes its only an 08 but still.
    what if it was a 182 reg.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Something I find amazing is that every single person I know who parks in car parks and get damaged, are always unlucky enough to be parked in blind spots.

Do you have a Dashcam OP? Reason I ask is that it may have picked up the cars around you..

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Pops_20

The cheek of some people. Probably thought he/she was great to get away with it.

Similar happened to me earlier in McDonalds car park, but I was in the car. Young lads in the 3 door Seat next to me swung the door open straight into the side of the car. And there was loads of room between the cars.

I opened the door to see what he had to say for himself. No apology or anything, he just said "hello".

I can't relax when my car is parked anywhere but on the driveway.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Something I find amazing is that every single person I know who parks in car parks and get damaged, are always unlucky enough to be parked in blind spots.

Do you have a Dashcam OP? Reason I ask is that it may have picked up the cars around you..

the whole carpark is a blind spot :)
    I dont but just ordered one on ebay

Sometimes when your stuck, you can have some tactics. 7 seaters, baby on boards and 3 doors stay well clear. Try get a end spot, take up 2. Parallel park. Park beside something else thats clean.

Problem with taking up two, some halfwit will think hes deadly and key it and boast about it on the parking thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Looks like a need new on of these or some thing like it.
    s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HELLA-Skoda-Superb-2008-2013-Bi-Xenon-Adaptive-Headlight-Left-/172670042634

Dash cam did not get it as it was plugged out in car park as it tends to drain battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,494 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Park beside a decent expensive well looked after motor is somewhat useful.

End spot and right over away from nexts space.

It’s a shocking problem.
    Last summer I was parked in a car park, I was the only car there and maybe 200 spaces.

Guy comes on and reversed into the space beside me, so close when he tried to get out he couldn’t open his door enough and whacked my door.

I wound down the window and said “seriously this is the only place you could park”, he just moved across the row and parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

stedeb wrote: »
    Hi mods not sure if this is the right forum please move if it need be.

Hi All
    Want to rant really, so i got a new clean car last Wednesday 08 Passat, passed nct etc
    So today i was in Tesco Clearwater Finglas and parked in a normal spot at the end of a row, i came out to the car and noticed a big dent in passenger side panel
    Fuc***g fuming.

i went to security to see if they can find anything they said they would get back to me, maybe a blind spot, we will do our best blah blah.

Ill need to go to the Garda to report it if they have footage, data protection which is fair enough.

So what do i do, just take it on the chin?
    not worth going to insurance company

if it was you reading this you are just a low scummy fuk, no decency to you you horrible fukr.

deffo don't tell the insurance

Yeah i wont be going to insurance. Just a bit pissed that's all, i normally give out about space hoggers but im starting to change my mind.
    I am browsing how to replace the part and its not too difficult so i might go down that route. If im bothered at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

_Brian wrote: »
    Park beside a decent expensive well looked after motor is somewhat useful.

End spot and right over away from nexts space.

It’s a shocking problem.
    Last summer I was parked in a car park, I was the only car there and maybe 200 spaces.

Guy comes on and reversed into the space beside me, so close when he tried to get out he couldn’t open his door enough and whacked my door.

I wound down the window and said “seriously this is the only place you could park”, he just moved across the row and parked there.

This is me... I drive a banger but like my space. It is crazy how no matter how blatantly you park in the middle of nowhere in an empty car park some that will sidle up next to u and squeeze out of the car like a ****ing knobhead. Asthetically I really don't care if u ding my car ....but just for basic common courtesy and sensical reasons I really don't understand why u need to be such a ****ing arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Parked my car today with at least 5 spaces to my left and another 5 to my right, numerous spaces behind my row too, I'm walking back to my car and some fooking tool is reverse parking his sh!tbox Yaris in next to mine with about 4 inches of clearance, I just stood there staring at the bo11ix, wasn't enough room for me to get in my car, he drove out of the space when he saw me looking, I seriously think the fool was going to actually park there. I wonder did he have some mental illness, a sort of need to park his car next to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

another angle of the damage.

I have had my other car for over 10 years and never a scrape on it.
    security just texted me and no joy the car was in a blind spot.
    Feel for you

Parked my car today with at least 5 spaces to my left and another 5 to my right, numerous spaces behind my row too, I'm walking back to my car and some fooking tool is reverse parking his sh!tbox Yaris in next to mine with about 4 inches of clearance, I just stood there staring at the bo11ix, wasn't enough room for me to get in my car, he drove out of the space when he saw me looking, I seriously think the fool was going to actually park there. I wonder did he have some mental illness, a sort of need to park his car next to another?
    Happens every day, everywhere, some ppl just don't care

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Ignorant *****.

Yes a bit late for OP but good advice.
    Kind of limits your use of the car though.
    I usually park well away from the action if driving something special. No embarrassment about taking 2 spaces either.
    Same

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OP, can you get your hand behind in the wheel well and pop it out? You may be able to get a decent quick fix on it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The very same person who damaged your car would take you to the cleaners if you happened to hit their car.

I know it won't help your case, but that's the reality. I stay away from anything on the road these days.

Few people at work got their house deposit through accident. I kid you not. Few is two, but that is still good percentage.

antodeco wrote: »
    OP, can you get your hand behind in the wheel well and pop it out? You may be able to get a decent quick fix on it that way.

Ill have a go ill pop off the trim and see if i can push it out. Boiling water might help??

wonski wrote: »
    The very same person who damaged your car would take you to the cleaners if you happened to hit their car.

I know it won't help your case, but that's the reality. I stay away from anything on the road these days.

Few people at work got their house deposit through accident. I kid you not. Few is two, but that is still good percentage.

I know what you mean aggressive mouthy types that are clued in to every thing going. Claim culture i don't get it. I hope Karma is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Sometimes when your stuck, you can have some tactics. 7 seaters, baby on boards and 3 doors stay well clear. Try get a end spot, take up 2. Parallel park. Park beside something else thats clean.

Problem with taking up two, some halfwit will think hes deadly and key it and boast about it on the parking thread.

DO NOT TAKE UP 2 MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A D/%K. Horrible I know OP but 2 wrongs do not make right. Christmas time worst time to park

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

I know what you mean aggressive mouthy types that are clued in to every thing going. Claim culture i don't get it. I hope Karma is real.

I used to live in Australia and spent 50k on a landcruiser, bitch smacked door off it after pulling up so close. Nice dent, I said it to her and she said **** off you foreigner. I got thick and put my little fold up shovel through her radiator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I had my bumper scraped in the headford road shopping centre in Galway years ago. Wasn’t caught on camera. I was absolutely fuming.

Stopped off at Dunnes straight after and came back to the other side scraped.

People are dicks.

Stoolbend wrote: »
    I had my bumper scraped in the headford road shopping centre in Galway years ago. Wasn’t caught on camera. I was absolutely fuming.

Stopped off at Dunnes straight after and came back to the other side scraped.

People are dicks.

Twice in the one day OUCH!!!
    I stop my 8 year old from hitting the door off other cars when she is getting out and then other people dont give a fook at all.

Just as well its not a brand new car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I won't park unless it's a space on its own and have left car parks if I can't find the right space.

One night came out to find a guy swinging his SEAT mii door against my day old car.

He has no idea I was going to that particular car. I actually screamed at him, "MY CAR !!!" and he nearly **** himself.

Thankfully his car door was so light it did not impact mine, despite hitting it m, but did not stop me crouching down and looking all along the side of the car. . I'd say he thought I was completely mad.

Advertisement