Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visa Panic

Options
  • 21-12-2018 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So my brother and niece are due to travel on the 26th over to visit my other brother for 2 weeks. My brother's visa still hasn't been granted, he's had past criminal convictions years ago, minor, was never imprisoned. They have still not given any decision despite him telling them how soon he's travelling. What's the likelihood he'll receive a decision before Monday do you think? Woyld anybody know of anyway to go about expediting their decision? Any advice is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

So my brother and niece are due to travel on the 26th over to visit my other brother for 2 weeks. My brother's visa still hasn't been granted, he's had past criminal convictions years ago, minor, was never imprisoned. They have still not given any decision despite him telling them how soon he's travelling. What's the likelihood he'll receive a decision before Monday do you think? Woyld anybody know of anyway to go about expediting their decision? Any advice is welcome.

This close to Christmas? I'd say you're stuffed.

Why would you wait until literally the last day? If you had asked even this week you might have had time to go to the embassy but now you're probably too late.

On the other hand, letting criminals in is sort of their MO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blingbling81

Troyzer go to what embassy? It was applied for some time ago in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Troyzer go to what embassy? It was applied for some time ago in fact

This embassy:

Address
    47 - 49 St Stephen's Green
    Dublin 2, Ireland
    Switchboard: +353 1 664 5300
    Email: Austremb.Dublin@dfat.gov.au
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/AusEmbIre
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AusEmbIRE

You might have applied for it a while ago but you've left it too late to have any chance of getting the embassy to sort it out for you before Christmas. Or at least get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I imagine they will be working on Monday but that is cutting it very fine. Have they given him any indication of why is it taking so long. Will he get a refund on his flights if it isn't granted?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blingbling81

I imagine they will be working on Monday but that is cutting it very fine. Have they given him any indication of why is it taking so long. Will he get a refund on his flights if it isn't granted?

Don't think they'll get a refund unfortunately and no, no reason for the delay even though they're aware of their travelling dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Any joy for them?

Advertisement