Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice deodorant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Robocop Corcoran

Gillette, particularly the Arctic one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dave699

Mitchum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mitchum roll on or spray,both are good.

Then get a decent bottle or 2 of cologne.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Personally I don't think you can get much better than Sanex roll on. Very long lasting, ok no fancy smell but very very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sure women's cotton dry.

Just smells like soap.

And I'm a bloody bloke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Vichy Men's deo is a bit pricey but smells lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭gagomes

I bought superdry recently from Boots and it's pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Was recently looking for a deodorant only as the aluminium in anti pers gives me a rash

Anyway despite my old hatred of lynx which used choke me when someone wearing it was near I found the Excite, Black and You versions are surprisingly nice to be fair.

Found it had a nice, clean scent and didn't feel like breathing mustard gas, I'd rec giving em a try and see

In fact it's very hard find a plain deodorant in normal shops these days nearly all of em are antiperspirants, would nearly need to go "high brow" like Armani or Hugo Boss for deodorant only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Most of the L'Oréal deodorants smell really nice and have more of a natural undertone.

I find a lot of deodorants have a sharp tone that doesn't really work with human scents. You end up smelling like a car air freshener with a hint of Cillit Bang.

The reality of it is we don't generally smell bad unless you're covered in stale sweat, in which case you're smelling bacteria, not the person so a good deodorants should be tackling the bacteria more than trying to mask it with some awful scent that creates a sharp / acrid smell.

There's also a fair bit of subtlety involved with perfumes - they should be working with your body scent not against by making it weird / worse.

It's the same with some laundry products. I find certain brands just may wash well and smell fine on their own but they don't smell nice on clothing. It's particularly true of some of the cheaper brands that are just highly perfumed and after a while you notice more of the base tone of the chemicals than the original blended scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

This is Anti Perspirant (though I've moved to roll on, I still miss this).
    One of the best scents I found.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/right-guard-total-defence-5-original-anti-perspirant-deodorant/prd-0139174?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3O_RtIjw3wIVpTXTCh1mxg4vEAQYAyABEgIN1fD_BwE

Ignore that price too, they're always ~€2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Slap on a bit of cologne of you want a nice scent sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

razorblunt wrote: »
    This is Anti Perspirant (though I've moved to roll on, I still miss this).
    One of the best scents I found.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/right-guard-total-defence-5-original-anti-perspirant-deodorant/prd-0139174?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3O_RtIjw3wIVpTXTCh1mxg4vEAQYAyABEgIN1fD_BwE

Ignore that price too, they're always ~€2.

That price is for a 6-pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

NIMAN wrote: »
    That price is for a 6-pack.

Ah I didn't even check I was just wanted a pic example.

For that price though I may as well pick them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,039 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

yabadabado wrote: »
    Mitchum roll on or spray,both are good.

Then get a decent bottle or 2 of cologne.

Bought Mitchum Ice Fresh the other day, nice scent off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I buy (what I'd consider) expensive, well fitting T-shirts that last a few years and I shower a good bit with cycling to work and water sports. I use L'occitane Eau Des Baux Stick Deodrant. Kind to skin and clothing. It's about €17 a pop, but lasts for months.

No build up of unwashable white hard crap on the t-shirts, no white streaks, no overpowering smells, it actually works and no weird reactions.

I endure Kildare village once a year and stock up. Three sticks will last a year. Xmas gift sets for relatives at half price done and dusted in July too!!

Advertisement