Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently? 3D!

Options
1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Recently enough I watched 400 Blows and Kes the following week. The latter while aesthetically very different. Both have so much in common in terms of the realist take on coming of age. I wish I'd had the opportunity to watch The 400 Blows as a teen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

Ben Wheatley's In the Earth.

I really wanted to like it and generally I like this stuff (Meg 2 aside) but I found it pretty awful. First half is solid, second half just descends into headache inducing nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭monkeyactive

Problemista,

Nice comedy with a gas performance by Tilda Swinton as a very intense woman. I enjoyed it.

Overall its silly light stuff but it delivered some actual deep hot takes on life and living on the bread line using a comedy Trojan horse.

The Craigslist entity was a great chuckle , I subbed in adverts.ie and daft in my imagination.

Perfect Days,

If your in the mood for a chill nothing really happens but it's all beautiful and thought provoking then you may like. Central Character is a Japanese toilet cleaner and the movie is kind of a meditation on cleaning toilets. I liked it.

A haunting in Venice.

Looked Nice but I couldn't have cared less. Those knives out , glass onion movies were so good they ruined that genre for me , too much talking here , dialogue heavy. I'm with Denis Villenuve here , Movies should be visual , show don't tell.

The Rider,

From the director of Nomadland. A look into the struggle of an injured young rodeo star and what it means to have the thing that he identified with taken from him. Reminded me of Irish film lakelands at least thematically.

Similar to nomadland in that some scenes are just real people talking or being filmed documentary style mixed with acting.

Beautiful stunning cinematography of Dakota plains and horses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I watched this today, it being that kind of day. It takes some pains to remind us that it's a Shakespeare adaptation - Much Ado About Nothing - albeit a loose one. It reminded me a bit of American Pie, in the way its conventional narrative is punctured by nudity and gross-out humour. I'd seen the spider scene in the trailer, but the trailer didn't prepare me for the stupidity of the main characters. It's part romcom, part Australian Tourist Board commercial. A film mostly set in Sydney starring … Sydney!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

King Kong 2 from 86 with Linda Hamilton who was hot back then. Kong desperately needs a blood transfusion after being in a coma for 10 years. Strangely awful but also kinda brilliant. The acting between the two apes, Gosling could learn a thing.

Advertisement