Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

[ASX:A40] Alliance Mineral Assets Ltd (Previously TAW/AMAL)

  • 16-12-2018 9:09pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Well it was a messy merger but Alliance Mineral Assets starts trading this week on the ASX, think a few of us are still holding so Ill make this thread instead of cluttering up Share Picks.

    Anyone still holding? Very promising now compared to the 50:50 dual listed operation imo, low debt, soon to be in profit, run by the guy who wrote the book on lithium exploration, still the majority of their territory left to explore. Not a buy rec but if you want a bit of lithium exposure for the electric vehicles and grid storage boom you could do a lot worse but DYOR...


«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    By the way if you are thinking about getting in they might be dumping the shares of all the ineligible shareholders hwo didnt get their TAW shares converted to A40 soon so might be worth holding off or researching that first, Im not sure when thats happening or what effect it will have, probably not much seeing as most peoples brokers like Degiro converted Irish and UK holdings without issue, everyone in Oz was fine.


  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ xDerp


    When should these have actual prices? I've a pair of TAWANA non tradeable with prices close to zero.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    It has traded a couple of times this week, in a trading halt now pending off take announcement, probably for the best considering the hammering recently.


  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭ cefh17


    xDerp wrote: »
    When should these have actual prices? I've a pair of TAWANA non tradeable with prices close to zero.

    I think you're referring to the Cowan shares that were issued in the Summer


  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭ cefh17


    Thargor wrote: »
    It has traded a couple of times this week, in a trading halt now pending off take announcement, probably for the best considering the hammering recently.

    Price bottomed out to 0.16$ after the Q4 results released, increased my holding to bring my BEP down to 0.20$. I can't see it going much lower and it seems from the HotCopper posts that they've figured out a lot of the issues (water shortage etc) so here's hoping it started to get lively again soon


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭ cefh17


    cefh17 wrote: »
    Price bottomed out to 0.16$ after the Q4 results released, increased my holding to bring my BEP down to 0.20$. I can't see it going much lower and it seems from the HotCopper posts that they've figured out a lot of the issues (water shortage etc) so here's hoping it started to get lively again soon

    Up 18% last night, record monthly production. On we go


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Yeah hopefully this will be the last bad quarter and it will be steady increases from now on, lithium ETF looking promising aswell.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ littlevillage


    cefh17 wrote: »
    Up 18% last night, record monthly production. On we go

    Yeah, great jump last night. About time too, was starting to get worried that the sloppy Merger process had caused investors to seriously lose faith.


  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ bcklschaps


    just got back from the casino ...dropped a few 100 on the cards tonight :-(

    ..lo and behold ...my A40 is up €300 !!

    Nice one.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ littlevillage


    Not specifically A40 ...but a related mining story from ASX.

    NZC Management are recommending acceptance of a cash takeover bid from Chengtun @ AUD $0.37.
    NZC were trading around $0.16 until about two weeks ago. AUD $ 0.315 as of close last night.

    Soo nice profit for anybody who took the plunge a few weeks back. I added a bit myself at AUD $0.20 just to take my BEP down a bit ...well happy with this news ..obviously.

    Even still at $0.315 theres still a 20% premium to be trousered if you buy now in the hope that the take-over goes ahead without any hiccups


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ littlevillage


    A40 hit a low of AUD $0.16 back in 26 April ...been steadily climbing since then. AUD $0.195 now. Lithium majors are now apparently switching away from brine Lithium and focusing more on Hard Rock Lithium. Consequently A40 might be in play, as its trading at a discount compared to peers. Also expected news of new offtake partner in the wind.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Lots of m&a activity talk all of a sudden aswell.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭ crushproof


    Still waiting for a large jump, I'm still a good bit below b/e point. Was tempted to buy a few more at 17c but even last month there was some uncertainty. Thankfully seems to be on the up but still way off the high of 56c at the start of last year.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ littlevillage


    Just when things were humming along nicely... they have announced a major capital raise from the sale of new shares..

    This is going to hurt the SP at least in the short term. Lets hope its short term anyway. Speculation that maybe Galaxy or some other competitor might get a blocking/controlling stake on the cheap....and put a spanner in the works of any potentially lucrative take-out offer from a large player in the future.

    With the whole uncertainty about the Cowan spin-off and the slowly slowly merger process with Alliance... they are testing the patience of long term holders now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Yeah just when you think they've put all the BS behind them another kick in the balls, no shareholder vote though so it seems they're limited in how much they can raise. Still a huge resource upgrade to come though so hopefully won't suppress things for too long.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Meh, 10% up not a bad result after a cap raise, GXY and Jiangxi on board looking forward to expanding the resource, onwards and upwards hopefully. Wonder if GXY will just take them out at some point?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭ crushproof


    What's are the current thoughts here folks? Another name change it seems, have they lost the plot? Definitely one of my worst investments at the moment, can't believe it's down from a high of 58 cents at one stage.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ littlevillage


    crushproof wrote: »
    What's are the current thoughts here folks? Another name change it seems, have they lost the plot? Definitely one of my worst investments at the moment, can't believe it's down from a high of 58 cents at one stage.

    Testing times for sure.

    But at AUD$ 0.17 they might just be a canny purchase at the moment. If the SP goes back to anything like where it was 0.40-0.50 range, you will be laughing :D

    EDIT Just had a look ... 21 buyers and only 1 seller as of this moment. Kinda supports my hypothese, I think


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Getting hammered down along with the rest, I'm going to forget about them and see what happens by Christmas, if no improvement might just pack it in and take the hit.


  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 22,615 ✭✭✭✭ beertons


    Pilbarra gone to mush too, down to my BEP now.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Well looks like this is a bust...


  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ bcklschaps


    Thargor wrote: »
    Well looks like this is a bust...

    Maybe.... or maybe a really good opportunity to lower your BEP and hopefully trouser the difference when Lithium sentiment improves (which it surely will eventually).

    SP could be back to AUD $0.25 by the autumn.

    Remember Galaxy bought in at AUD$ 0.20 just a few months ago.

    You can buy in now at AUD$ 0.10. theres gotta be upside here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Yeah I know, I would be tempted to double up here tbh but probably won't, they're in a better state than a lot of competitors, things could turn very fast. A shocking drop from the highs though and such a quick change in sentiment.


  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ bcklschaps


    Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah I know, I would be tempted to double up here tbh but probably won't, they're in a better state than a lot of competitors, things could turn very fast. A shocking drop from the highs though and such a quick change in sentiment.

    I doubled my holding this morning at AUD$ 0.10 .


    Hopefully I won't be doing the same at AUD$ 0.05 in a weeks time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    0.05 and Ill definitely be joining you, the sheer scale of this drop it might even happen.


  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 22,615 ✭✭✭✭ beertons


    Doubled down @10c aswell.


  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ Gruffalo22


    Thargor wrote: »
    Well looks like this is a bust...

    My worst investment by far but I haven't been tracking it as my investment was very small


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭ crushproof


    Horrendous investment, stock price is being wiped out and there appears to be cash flow problems. At this stage I believe could go either way depending on the market conditions, bust or boom. If it does go up I don't think we'll even be seeing the good days of 55c again.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭ Thargor


    Another trading halt, wonder what fresh kick in the balls will be delivered on Wednesday morning...


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭ Sir_Name




Advertisement