Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave Broadband Contract Early - Implications

Options
  • 14-12-2018 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am wondering if anyone can give me a few answers. I have been with Vodafone broadband for 4+ years and have basically the service is getting really bad. My problem is I am in a 18 month contract which I renewed in January 2018. I was speaking to a Eir representative who told me that Landline and Broadband contracts are only 12 months and it cant be 18 months - Is this the case. If it is not what will I likely be charged to leave 6 months early. Any help would be most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Talking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Be prepared to be taken to cleaners by Vodafone. Plus don't expect any different BB service as vf and eir are same product

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You're in an 18 month contract, you could be in a 10 year contract if you agreed to it.

Eir talking ****e. Looking for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 julesdarcy

Have you spoken to Vodafone about it? If the broadband was good but is now bad, there could be a problem with the DSL cable, the modem or the line. They would need to troubleshoot the issue. If you still want to leave Vodafone, you should definitely call them first if you are in contract. Give them a chance to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

As you agreed to a 18 months contract, you're in a 18 months contract.

The Eir sales guy is talking about Eir ... and even there he's wrong. Because they also do 18 months contracts.

He's clearly clueless and just wants business.

Vodafone has no buy-out, so if you cancel before the contract is out, they'll bill you for the entire remainder of the 18 months.

/M

• Advertisement
Advertisement