Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Stamp 4 renewal - Maximum time outside of Ireland

• 12-12-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

Hi all,

I have a Stamp 4 visa that I need to renew in 2020 sponsored for the company I work for. For personal reasons I have to be outside the country for 4 months, I am wondering if this is going to bring me problems when renewing the visa. I already arranged to work remotely for the time I will be outside and keep working for the same company that sponsors my visa.

Of course I searched in the INIS website but I can't find an answer to this.

Anyone knows what is the maximum time I can live outside of Ireland with a Stamp 4 visa?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭ booksale

I was on stamp 4 and was out of the country for 4 months. I entered back in OK using my GNIB card that time. But I did not renew my visa after so I can't tell whether it would cause a problem when you renew.

I think if you have a valid reason and your company can write you a letter when applying to renew, it should be having no problem.

But of course, if you can check with INIS it would be better. I understand how difficult to get talk to them.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭ Under His Eye

It is only if you applied for citizenship would periods outside the state be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

Ok, thanks guys for your responses.

Advertisement