Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heaters or oil heating for rental property

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Could you give us an idea of what they cost and brand names. Would be interested in researching them.

Yeah I think I got the two mixed up. How are you finding the air to air system, whats it like on running costs and are you using it as your primary heat source? Also what company did you go with?

They are electric heaters. Cost totally depends on square footage of property. Used a company called Smart Electrics (Dublin) they gave discount on bigger orders too. Brochures on website so you can calculate cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yes for sure. A gas boiler. But not a gas heater running off bottled gas with a naked flame which is what I think was being referred to.

That was what I was referring to. As the landlord provided it.... and the house was well ventilated. Wish I had one of these now. And really no different than a gas cooker running on bottled gas, the cylinder being outside of course

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Oil heating all the way..as other posters have already commented.storage heating very expensive on electricity...if tank of oil being stolen is an issue secure it from the elements

Advertisement