Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's boxing 8/12 (Lomachenko/Dogboe/Brook/Carroll)

Options
  • 08-12-2018 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭

Matchroom card is absolutely horrendous now that Kelly has pulled out. Boxing in the States should be a bit better with one of the best prospects in the sport in Teofimo Lopez and Dogboe and Loma in action too.

HBO also have their last ever card on too. Pity about it's quality.

Jono Carroll fight about to start on Sky. Wins this and he's got his world title shot against Tevin Farmer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭megadodge

Carroll looks sharp so far. It's really shaping up to be a good entertaining fight.

Nice to hear Andy Lee co-commentating. He's excellent. Perfectly suited to the job.

Frenois getting back into it right now. Two rounds in a row and Carroll beginning to look a small bit ragged.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Andy Lee is a great analyst compared to many of the regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Farmer would make bits of Carroll. Carroll is pretty average.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Yeah I have time for Carroll and how much he's improved over the years but Tevin Farmer won't be worried

• Advertisement

pac_man wrote: »
    Anyone scoring this?

Arguments could be made for both in every round. Couldn't be arguing with any decision.

Not like Carroll to fade like this. Wonder if he took this a bit light. Usually comes on a lot stronger. Definitely think he's up but not making easy work of this at all

Carroll lucky not to have had a point taken off for that punch well after the bell.

Although Frenois's soccerisation of the situation probably lost him any sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

megadodge wrote: »
    Carroll lucky not to have had a point taken off for that punch well after the bell.

Although Frenois's soccerisation of the situation probably lost him any sympathy.

Tried to get his own back there at the end of the 11th.

Carroll is very similar to spike in many ways. Probably at that level. Great entertainment

• Advertisement

Jesus, that's a hard fight to score!

Close enough rounds that he might nick it.

I think Jono has lost this.

Even though I didn't mark it, that's the impression I have.

But it's close!

I think Jono has lost this.

He may have enough early rounds in the bank for the draw but I think you are right.

Even luckier that no point was taken off after the 10th now.

Can't complain with a draw. Pissed off I didn't back it early when I thought it was going to be close, but good entertaining fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

How does everyone feel about that? Draw was fair I think but wouldn't have minded if the French guy got it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Didn't score it but i felt he lost. I also felt he wouldn't lose on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Frenois deserved it 115-113 but it was close so can't argue that much with the draw.

Decent fight. One of the better draws in terms of results. Carrolls bodywork got him through. If a rematch were to happen I think Carroll would win. Frenois is very one dimensional. Has nothing other than a good straight left, a simple adjustment will rectify.

• Advertisement

What's the point in this fight for Kell Brook?

Doesn't look like a contest at all.

What's the point in this fight for Kell Brook?

A tune-up for a Khan fight that he's never getting

I get the impression Brook has picked a round.

Brook has been a really tidy boxer over the years but I think he's left a bit too much of himself in the ring with GGG & Spence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Brook looks to be on the decline.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Brook has been a really tidy boxer over the years but I think he's left a bit too much of himself in the ring with GGG & Spence.

Brook has always been one of my favourite boxers to watch, as he's a beautiful stylist irrespective of opposition or results, but he has been very careless tonight. Has gotten caught with way more punches than normal.

I get the impression Brook has picked a round.

Must have picked 13 :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Brook looks to be a faded force sadly. Doesn't seem the same at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Brook is only still in boxing for the Khan pay day. No ambition or fire in the belly anymore, and it shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Love how not being able to throw the right hand is known as the Klitschko :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement