Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****, ****, Weed, Piss...off

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Heckler wrote: »
    Why ? I imagine Shane is well able to write his own thoughts. Maybe Stephen Hawking was just a puppet for someone too because he couldn't articulate himself .

Another idiot.

I agree that he is fully there mentally as you say. Off topic but just curious as to why he has difficulty speaking? Is it neurological damage from drugs and alcohol? Or a stroke or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I despise the internet at times. Recreational outrage of the emotionally incapable looking to stir up attention, comparing current societal issues too those in past decades etc .

The use of phrases with derogatory connotations in a generic sense is simply context dependant, It my case and where i grew up it was slang used as a phrase, and only that. I could list many examples of what it was used for when responding to someone or ripping into someone etc

I grew up using this term, Iv said it plenty of times and so have people around me. The majority of people, including myself- if not all people, would not harbor any homophobic views or exhibit any discriminatory behaviour towards the LGBTQ community. These views are not manifested during the life span to be ultimately used later in the persons life.

The meaning of words is context dependant and words only have the power that you give them. Offence is taken, not given. Everything is taken in such a disparaging way and people are becoming offended on behalf of someone else like this chart DJ is doing. Its the intent that surrounds the use of any word or phrase. The sporadic outrage for silly things like this is not helping societal issues.

Advertisement