Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock Bootloader Warranty

Options
  • 05-12-2018 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I unlocked it off officially from Huawei site before they stopped the service

Now Vodafone and fonfix are standing by the story that its now not not under warranty, even though the screen is cracking when tapped or pick up

I am ringing Huawei when I'm home

Anyone any info or help?
    Thanks

Comments

think that it may invalidate warranty from the manufacturer but not seller warranty. but it doesn't seem to be all very clear in this respect. If they say no what can you do really. if you can prove that it's purely a physical issue you might have a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Fonfix have it down as faulty screen

Trying too get a code from Vodafone so I can send an email using a template off CCPC.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Warranty is in addition to your rights as a consumer, it doesn't replace them. Make a complaint to the seller under your consumer rights, forget about the warranty

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

28064212 wrote: »
    Warranty is in addition to your rights as a consumer, it doesn't replace them. Make a complaint to the seller under your consumer rights, forget about the warranty

That's the gist of what I for over the phone from CCPC

If Vodafone don't give me a code too complain online, then old fashioned snail mail Monday morning

Advertisement