Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity summer series 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Why are we getting so many midweek gigs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

dmm82 wrote: »

The summer series runs for a calander week in July, The majority of them will be Mon-Fri

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

The summer series runs for a calander week in July, The majority of them will be Mon-Fri

It's not just the trinity gigs though. I live in dublin and even at that the mid week gigs are a hassle. God love anyone who lives outside Dublin and has to travel/ book time off work. Obviously I know it depends on tour dates for bands etc and that everything cant be at the weekend but we really do seem to get a raw deal here.

Sorry for the rant. I will more than likely get tickets for Vampire Weekend I just wish it was a weekend night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

When do tickets go on sale?

OwaynOTT wrote: »

friday

• Advertisement

friday

After payday, yes!
    After partners birthday and valentines, bollix!

It's not just the trinity gigs though. I live in dublin and evenat thatthe mid week gigs are a hassle. God love anyone who lives outside Dublin and has to travel/ book time off work. Obviously I know it depends on tour dates for bands etc and that everything cant be at the weekend but we really do seem to get a raw deal here.

Sorry for the rant. I will more than likely get tickets for Vampire Weekend I just wish it was a weekend night :)

Aw ok I get you.

Maximising profits.

Bands have a cheaper mid week rate. So you book them for cheap and just charge the normal (weekend) price.

I hate pricing of gigs in this country. UK is also high and I see Europe is starting to fall suit. It's what happens when ticketmaster/Live Nation essentially have a monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

wow vampire weekend. anyone know the capacity at these things? and i'm right in thinking the venue is the field in front of the pav bar, yeah?

wow vampire weekend. anyone know the capacity at these things? and i'm right in thinking the venue is the field in front of the pav bar, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Vampire Weekend on the Monday and Foals on the Tuesday. Add two or three up and coming indie bands and that's a decent couple of days

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

49.50 ex booking fee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

lc180 wrote: »
    Vampire Weekend on the Monday and Foals on the Tuesday. Add two or three up and coming indie bands and that's a decent couple of days

Do they tend to do decent support slots at this? Or will it be the usual case of small Irish band tacked on if it sells well, medium Irish band if it doesn't?

The Vampire Weekend poster does say 'tour, with special guests' so maybe someone decent? The American leg of the tour has Angelique Kidjo, Chicano Batman, Christone 'Kingfish' Ingram, Despot, Richard Pictures, Soccer Mommy and Tinariwen supporting at various shows.

I've only heard of the last two there TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Because the promoters know they will sell well as Ireland is a very popular country for gigs.
    They keep the weekend dates for the weaker markets .

Do they tend to do decent support slots at this? Or will it be the usual case of small Irish band tacked on if it sells well, medium Irish band if it doesn't?

The Vampire Weekend poster does say 'tour, with special guests' so maybe someone decent? The American leg of the tour has Angelique Kidjo, Chicano Batman, Christone 'Kingfish' Ingram, Despot, Richard Pictures, Soccer Mommy and Tinariwen supporting at various shows.

I've only heard of the last two there TBH.

it'll be somebody like LE Boom, When Young or another Irish up an coming band. A band that will compliment the main act.

Main thing is that they're cheap. I can't imagine there will be alot to spare from the reasonable ticket price/low capacity gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mgkelly

Can I curse on here?! Well, flip me!!! I've been waiting on these guys for years. Summer officially made! Don't need to go to anything else! This is HUGE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Typically it's up and coming Irish, I definitely wouldn't expect anyone significant. In the past there's been All Tvvins, Fangclub, Little Hours, Wyvern Lingo but Frightened Rabbit and Circa Waves did support slots a couple years ago which is not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

MCD presale:

Want first access to the Vampire Weekend MCD Presale?

Sign up to our weekly Gig Guide below and we'll give you presale access on Wednesday at 8am. If you're already a subscriber don't worry, you'll get this automatically.

mgkelly wrote: »
    Can I curse on here?! Well, flip me!!! I've been waiting on these guys for years. Summer officially made! Don't need to go to anything else! This is HUGE!!

Jesus. Could be in for a ban after that.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Whats the experience at these gigs like? Good sound? Any chance of a food view if your 5ft 4? I know the crowd depends on the act.

We saw Vampire Weekend on our honeymoon in the Hollywood Bowl and it was exceptional, both them and the crowd. I'd love to see them again but money is tight and not sure it can be as good as what we've already experienced. In two minds about it basically.

MCD presale:

Sign up to our weekly Gig Guide below and we'll give you presale access on Wednesday at 8am. If you're already a subscriber don't worry, you'll get this automatically.

link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

MCD presale:

Anyone getting codes? I’m signed up but haven’t gotten an email.

Nothing here either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep got an email yesterday at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Just checked there and singing up to their mailing list wasn't sufficient. You need to sign up and then login to select the

Onsale/Presale Announcements

It is no ticketed automatically.
    Anyone who got the code does it look unique?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Just checked there and singing up to their mailing list wasn't sufficient. You need to sign up and then login to select the

Login where?

r0chf0rt wrote: »

Just tested out the MCD facebook messenger presale button.

It's pretty simple, click and you're into the presale.

Didn't buy tickets as i'm seeing them at Mad Cool but was straight in no probs.

Tickets in the bag. That presale link is a handy system. Hope everyone else gets sorted!

• Advertisement

Sorted thanks!

Advertisement